The general held that the Vietnamese Government and Ministry of National Defense highly appreciated the Vietnam-UK defense cooperation over the past time, and thanked the UK for supporting the deployment of Vietnam’s first Level-two Field Hospital to the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
|Mr. Wayne David (L) handing over a souvenir to Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh|
General Vinh suggested the two sides continuously beefing up their relationship and cooperation, particularly in fields of education and training, sharing experience in UN peacekeeping operations, maritime security, and supporting each other at multi-lateral forums, for the sake of each country and making contributions to peace and stability in the region.
In addition, the host hoped that the UK Parliament will create more favorable conditions to expand the bilateral defense cooperation.
For his part, Mr. Wayne David underlined that the UK has been promoting its defense relations with other countries in the world, including Vietnam. He also spoke highly of Vietnam’s position in the international arena and hailed the cooperation between Vietnamese and UK militaries. He believed that Vietnam will further contribute to the UN peacekeeping operations.
* On the same day, Senior Lieutenant General Le Chiem, Deputy Defense Minister, received Mr. Bezbabnov Oleg Gennadievich, Director of the Legal Service under the Russian Defense Ministry.
General Chiem underlined that Vietnam-Russia defense cooperation has now developed in various fields and that the Russian mission’s visit to Vietnam this time will help further tighten relations between the two militaries.
|Senior Lieutenant General Le Chiem (R) receiving Mr. Bezbabnov Oleg Gennadievich|
Mr. Gennadievich informed General Chiem of the results of his previous working session with the Legal Bureau under the Vietnamese Defense Ministry. During the meeting, the two sides discussed and agreed to enhance training cooperation, delegation exchanges, and experience sharing in order to help each other complete their legal system on military and defense.
The host applauded the outcomes of the meeting and affirmed that the leadership of the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense always supports and offers the military legal service favorable conditions to foster cooperation with its Russian counterpart.
Translated by Van Hieu
- Vietnam treasures partnership with Russia: top leaders
- Politics Defense ties between Vietnam and Philippines have positively developed: ministers Hanoikids – Tours with a unique twist
- Politics Defense ties between Vietnam and Philippines have positively developed: ministers Houses, shops block sidewalks in Hanoi
- Politics Defense ties between Vietnam and Philippines have positively developed: ministers Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
- Cultural events to mark Vietnam-France diplomatic ties
- Trump’s claim that NATO will boost defense spending disputed
- Politics Vietnam, Netherlands elevate ties to comprehensive partnership US, Vietnam discuss opportunities for aviation cooperation
- Politics Vietnam, Netherlands elevate ties to comprehensive partnership Ho Chi Minh City fair offers playground for doll lovers
- Politics Vietnam, Netherlands elevate ties to comprehensive partnership Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
- Vietnam, Hungary augment ties in judicial manpower training