Syracuse, N.Y. — The side of a Fayette Street building will be getting a new face — literally.
The winner of a mural competition by Believe in Syracuse is a design that features the face of a local woman named Nasrene Shehadleh. The design is by artist Eugene Stetz.
Stetz met the woman while he was walking the streets of the city, trying to find inspiration for the mural. In the mural design, the woman’s face is emerging from flowers native to Syracuse.
Stetz, the artist, said his hope is that the mural provides inspiration to the people who drive and walk by.
“A bright and colorful moment to reflect on the life provided to us by mother nature and the true beauty surrounding us throughout our daily lives,” Stetz said.
The building, 1022 E. Fayette St., is being renovated by Home Headquarters and Rick Destito, who rebuilt the Gear Factory building across the street.
The bottom floor of the Fayette Street building will be Ponchito’s Tacqueria and the upper floors will be apartments. The mural will face the parking lot of the building.
Esther Zorn, the president of Believe in Syracuse, said the mural project still needs some help. The group is taking donations of paint, supplies and the use of a scissor lift.
- Mario Chalmers humbled by mural on side of apartment building in KC
- Dave Hyde: Hall of Famer Andre Dawson’s new life six feet under
- Unique design features add beauty, longevity to new Vikings stadium
- Even in traditional Indiana, basketball meccas get new looks
- Gopi aims to qualify for CWG at New Delhi Marathon
- NHL Playoffs 2018: Five reasons the New Jersey Devils were knocked out by the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Why I’m Running: Suzanne Foley is running Boston for Playworks New England
- Pretend you can fly at this Boylston Street Boston Marathon mural
- 2018 NHL Playoffs: Jonathan Marchessault, Vegas Golden Knights quiet Winnipeg crowd with beautiful goal
- Why you shouldn’t bet against Tony Romo succeeding in his new TV career
- Seeking success of his own creation: A day in the life of new Washington coach Mike Hopkins
- The Masters 2018: First round live scores and Augusta leaderboard as Jordan Spieth moves into position
- Syracuse counting the minutes prior to facing TCU
- The hardest year of Devon Gales’ life
- Week in Wrestling: Kevin Owens on his new belt, Mike Tyson on Ali and wrestling
- Overwatch League Stage 2: London Spitfire clinches another win over New York Excelsior in nailbiter
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Gymnast Pranati looks to emulate Dipa Karmakar in Gold Coast
- Golden Knights vs. Kings: PHT 2018 Stanley Cup Playoff Preview
- 2018 NBA Mock Draft of the entire first round
- Focused AJ aims to take a leaf out of Floyd's book
Syracuse mural aims to freeze 2018's beauty on the side of a building getting new life have 465 words, post on www.syracuse.com at October 11, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.