The total value of retail sales and consumer services was estimated at VND3,235 trillion. (Image for illustration)
If the inflation factor was excluded the growth would be at 8.8%, a little bit higher than the same period last year (8.76%).
The retail sales of goods reached VND2,4 trillion (US$10.2 billion) in the first nine months of this year, occupying 75.2% of the total sales and up 12% over the same period last year.
The accommodation and food services, which accounted for 12.3% of total sales, recorded a value of VND396 trillion (US$16.9 billion) during the period, a year-on-year rise of 8.4%.
The travel services brought in VND30.3 trillion (nearly US$1.3 billion), making up 0.9% of the total value and is up 16.9% over the corresponding period last year.
The sales of other services during the first nine months reached VND375.7 trillion (over US$16.05 billion), a hike of 9.7% in comparison to the same period last year, contributing 11.6% to the total value.
In September alone, the total value of retail sales and consumer services was estimated at VND374.8 trillion (US$16.01 billion), up 1.3% from the previous month and a year-on-year increase of 12.5%
- US retail sales jump 7.5% in June, but economy still ails
- U.S. retail sales snap back; high unemployment, rising COVID-19 loom over recovery
- Inflation alert: On rising prices
- Mobile app-based payments rise 163% to $287 billion in 2019: Report
- Coronavirus live updates: California unemployment filings rise in 17th week of shelter-in-place
- U.S. adds 4.8 million jobs as unemployment falls to 11.1%; Colorado unemployment claims decrease
- US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 fall on fears over surging virus cases
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 10
- Virus boosts digital payments in India where cash ban failed
- Marcus: The UK bank turning away new customers (for the moment)
- Wall Street drifts; S&P 500 on track for 3rd weekly gain
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 8
- Vietnam, Thailand tighten cooperation as strong ASEAN partners
- Congress Can’t Handle the Truth About the Coronavirus Recession
- Coronavirus latest: Germany's infection rate climbs again
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 12
- Egg companies repay wage subsidies after questions over eligibility
- Primark lifts profit forecast due to fewer markdowns
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 13
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 15
Retail and consumer services rise 11.3% in first nine months have 371 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.