Phuong Khanh will represent Vietnam at Miss Earth 2018, set to take place from October 7-November 3 in the Philippines.
The information was released by Leading Stars Project after approval from the Department of Performing Arts under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Phuong Khanh left a deep impression on Miss Earth 2015 Angelia Ong during her working visit to Vietnam in August to seek Vietnamese representatives for Miss Earth 2018 and 2019 pageants.
Khanh was one of the outstanding contestants to have been selected through the Leading Stars Project casting session in the northern region.
The Vietnamese representative said her desire to compete at Miss Earth is to make greater contributions to meaningful social activities, especially those regarding to environmental issues. She also highly appreciated the educational and human values of the beauty pageant.
Khanh is 23 years old. She is 1.72m tall, weighs 51kg and measures 90-58-94. She was the second runner-up of Miss Sea Vietnam Global 2018. Khanh is currently a student of Curtin University Singapore, majoring in marketing.
This year, Miss Earth 2018 has attracted 95 contestants across the globe. Last year, the Vietnamese representative finished in the top 16 of the beauty pageant.
- Vietnam's Hoang Hanh reveals national costume of 5,000 crystals for Miss Earth show
- Missosology expects Hoang Hanh to make Top of 15 Miss Earth 2019
- Eamonn Sweeney: 'Pig of a sport rotting in hell on earth'
- Roger Federer wants to compete at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Federer wants to compete at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Federer wants to compete at Olympics
- 'It's as if she vanished off the face of the Earth'
- More than 2,000 boats and 15,000 sailors take to the seas off the coast of northern Italy to compete in the historic Barcolana Regatta
- Google Earth 'exposes Area 51 secrets' in bombshell videos
- Gardaí renew appeal for Louth man missing since May 2018