|National Assembly (NA) Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan (R) and DEIK President Nail Olpak.|
The top Vietnamese legislator showed elation at the development of trade and investment ties between the two countries, especially since the signing of the trade, economic, and technical cooperation agreement in 1997.
She thanked Olpak and DEIK for working hand in hand with Vietnamese agencies to hold the Turkey-Vietnam Business and Investment Forum, adding that direct flights between Vietnam and Turkey have facilitated bilateral trade, investment, and tourism.
The NA leader described the forum as a chance for Vietnamese and Turkish businesses to explore cooperation opportunities in each side, thereby developing future bilateral cooperation.
For his part, President of the Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey (DEIK) Nail Olpak said the forum, with the participation of nearly 160 Turkish companies, shows their keen interest in the Vietnamese market.
He also stated that a delegation of Turkish enterprises will come to Vietnam for a week of fashion and cuisine in late October.
Regarding the DEIK’s function and mission, Olpak said the board was set up in 1985 with the purpose of monitoring the 144 Turkish business councils globally. In the Asia-Pacific alone, it has nine business councils in charge of coordinating Turkey’s global business operations and holding responsibility for foreign economic-trade delegations working in the country.
- Vietnam - Turkey trade relation
- Vietnam-Turkey trade exceeds US$1 billion
- Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam boost trade, investment
- 2011 Vietnam-Cambodia Trade, Investment Fair
- Vietnam - Azerbaijan trade, investment cooperation promising
- Vietnam promotes trade, investment with Japan
- UK, Vietnam boost trade-investment ties
- Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam boost trade, investment Most Recent News
- More room to grow in Vietnam-Germany trade, investment: GTaI chief
- India, Vietnam boost trade, investment ties