A man in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho has been fined VND90 million (USD4,000) for the illegal exchange of US dollar at a local gold shop. The fine has been imposed on Nguyen Ca Re, 38, in Ninh Kieu City who was caught exchanging USD100 into Vietnam dong at a gold shop. Unlicensed businesses can face a maximum fine of VND600 million (USD27,272) for illegal foreign currency exchange The municipal people’s committee decided to fine him VND90 million and confiscated VND2.26 million which he got from the USD100 exchange. Meanwhile, the gold shop had to pay a fine of VND295 million (USD13,409). Authorities also confiscated USD100 from the exchange. Re was said to be an electrician with the modest salary of just VND4 million per month. His relative gave him the dollars in 2017. The case has shocked many people. Nguyen Van Thanh from Hung Loi Ward, Ninh Kieu District said he used to exchange US dollar for Vietnam dong at gold shops, but he did not know anything about any such regulations. Foreign currency exchanges are quite common in Vietnam, and it is extraordinarily rare to see such a fine. Under Government Decree 96 issued in 2014… Read full this story
- Become Involved in Foreign Currency Trading
- Can You Trade With Foreign Currencies?
- Things To Know To Deal With Foreign Currency Exchange
- Getting Started In The Foreign Currency Exchange Market
- Who can Profit From Foreign Currency Exchange?
- Learn Foreign Currency Trading Online
- 3 Excellent Benefits of Foreign Currency Exchange Trading
- What Is The Foreign Currency Market And How To Trade The Forex Market?
- How To Increase Profits From Foreign Currency Exchange
- Foreign Currency Exchange Software - Your Secret Weapon
Man fined USD4,000 for illegal foreign currency transaction have 285 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 24, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.