The information was revealed during a ceremony recently held in the city to mark the association’s 25th founding anniversary and to honour sponsors, medical workers and organisations that have accompanied the SAPP-HCMC over the years.
Also at the ceremony, the SAPP-HCMC mobilised over 50 billion VND (2.15 million USD) and received entry in the Vietnam Guinness Book of Records as the charitable organisation supporting the largest number of heart operations in Vietnam, with 8,000 cases.
At the event, Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong spoke highly of the association’s efforts and affirmed that its activities have contributed to easing pains of poor patients in HCM City, other localities of Vietnam as well as neighbouring countries of Laos and Cambodia.
The SAPP-HCMC has served as a bridge connecting kind hearts with hundreds of thousands of disadvantaged people, contributing to the city’s sustainable poverty reduction, he noted.
Phong also asked the association to increase humanitarian programmes and work with departments, organisations, and donors to seek more social sources in the time ahead, pledging that the city will create favourable conditions for its activities.
Established in 1994, the SAPP-HCMC has launched various humanitarian programmes and activities to support poor patients, namely “For the children’s smile”, “Heart operation for poor children” and “Bringing light to poor patients”, among others.
The “Heart operation for poor children” programme has raised more than 410 billion VND (17.6 million USD) for conducting surgery for 8,150 children with congenital heart diseases in 46 localities across the country.-VNA
- Maguire wants City fans to raise the roof versus Man City
- Chinese firm seeks infrastructure construction cooperation with HCM City
- Why spineless Stoke City have paid for poor recruitment over past three years
- VIETWATER and RE & EE Vietnam 2017 open in HCM City
- Poorly patients pampered by Ipswich students
- City turns sour on ‘poor’ HSBC as profits miss
- Well done Ripon City AFC! Club raises £700 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- Dublin City Council to raise street parking rates
- Vietnam Cafe Show 2018 to open in HCM City
- Ian Allinson hurt by ‘poor result’ as St Albans City are humbled at Hungerford Town