Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh city People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong visiting a kiosk of major industrial products. (Photo: VGP)
Accordingly, there are seven major industrial products, including products from prefabricated metal; electrical equipment; products made from plastic and rubber; processed food and beverages; electronic and information-technology products; and ready-made clothing; and one potential industrial product: pharmaceutical products.
The groups of key agricultural products include cultivated crops such as vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants; key livestock such as dairy cows and pigs, and key aquatic products like brackish shrimp.
General criteria to select enterprises with key industrial and agricultural products are making highly-competitive products which have strong potential in domestic market and for export; and significantly contributing to gross domestic product and economic development of the southern hub.
Along with supporting policies, the city People’s Committee expected that in the coming time, the supported products will develop into strong brand names, bringing high economic value./.BTA
- "Week of Dong Thap Specialities" kicks off at Big C in HCM City
- Collaboration needed to support HCM City’s industrial products
- Industrial equipment displayed at first-ever fairs in HCM City
- HCM City theme park set to host Southern Fruit Festival
- HCM City aims to accelerate administrative reform
- New inter-regional road to link HCM City, Dong Nai
- HCM City port welcomes largest-ever container ship
- British Educational Suppliers Show opens in HCM City
- HCM City diversifies tourism products
- Old HCM City buildings opened for visitors