Global Champions 2018, the most unique interactive English contest in Vietnam, will help students aged 10 to 15 to develop their English language and 21st century skills.
|Global Champions 2018 will welcome competitors in Ho Chi Minh City on November 25 and in Hanoi on December 2|
The contest, which is organised by Golden Path Academics Vietnam Joint Stock Company (GPA JSC) and strategic partners, aims to help students improve their language skills, global competence, and mindset. The contest also encourages students to explore themselves and foreign cultures.
In addition, students who love English can develop the eight golden skills of the 21st century, including creativity, critical thinking, eloquence, personal talent, technology, living skills, teamwork spirit, and leadership through attractive and extremely exciting activities.
According to Dao Thu Hien, the founder of GPA JSC, this English contest through athletic, interactive games will be organised for the first time in Vietnam. It is different than other contests which revolve around listening, speaking, reading, writing or presentation.
Some activities in the contest are learning about NASA, challenging English skills and internet research skills in team competition, English eloquence and talent contest, meal cooking and decoration contest by the Master Chef concept, play acting and cosplay, English challenges in normal communication and through discovering the cultures, cuisines, and destinations of eight countries, including the USA, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, India, and Vietnam.
Hien further noted that Global Champions 2018 will provide children with experiences for their lives, as well as profound lessons. These do not only help them form an outstanding mindset, leadership skills, and creativity in perceiving and solving situations and overcome challenges, but also to teach them teamwork during a competition.
Global Champions 2018 is the only programme in Vietnam that combines academic English, dynamic international camping, and the uniqueness of each individual to form teams for the competition.
In addition to cash rewards, the winners will have a chance to attend an International Camp in Japan and free English Eloquence courses. Through these activities, GPA JSC will support students to train, practice, and develop their English communication skills, in order to give them the foundation to become global citizens of the 21st century.
“GPA will maintain this programme as an annual activity, while at the same time creating more attractive and interesting programmes,” Hien said, noting that Global Champions 2018 officially welcomed competitors in Ho Chi Minh City at 8 AM on Sunday, November 25, 2018, and in Hanoi at 8 AM on Sunday, December 2, 2018.
By Thanh Van
- Rules allowing former English language learners extra help don't pass test, say education critics
- Charter school for English language learners tries again after application rejected last year
- English-language classes on chopping block as state makes cuts to budget
- Readers sound off on elephants, Obama and the English language
- Thousands of students opt out of state mandated English Language Arts exam as families from Brooklyn to Buffalo boycott tests
- Puerto Rico to launch new English-language daily
- More than 180,000 New York students boycotted English Language Arts exam, opposition group says
- Gonzalez: Surge of the opt-out movement against English Language Arts exam is act of mass civil disobedience
- Al Qaeda launches first English language glossy magazine, Inspire, with article by Osama bin Laden
- Silvio Berlusconi’s company to make its first English-language TV drama focused on life of mobster Charles ‘Lucky’ Luciano