Co-organised by Vietnam Television’s VTV 5 channel and Soc Trang Television and Radio Station, the event attracted 96 contestants and 135 dancers and musicians. The contestants sang songs praising the Party, “Uncle Ho”, and the nation.
Meritorious Artist Son Luong, head of the jury, said the event contributed to preserving and upholding the cultural and creative values of Khmer residents.
Nguyen Van Bon, Director of the Soc Trang Television and Radio Station and head of the organising board, said the festival offered amateur artists a chance to share experience and honour the traditional culture of Khmer people.
The organising board presented first prizes to Kiem Luong and Lam Thi Dien from Soc Trang’s arts and culture school, and second prizes to Ly Kim Quyen from Ke Sach ethnic boarding school and Thach Mang Khit from Tra Vinh University.–VNA
- On Raglan Road voted Ireland's favourite folk song
- Gallery: Thousands gather for Tartu Song Festival
- Moseley Folk & Arts Festival: Everything you need to know
- Song Festival ticket sales halted, capacity capped at 95,000
- Galleries: Song Festival flame arrives in Tallinn
- Irish 'Downton Abbey' star attending Song Festival
- Estonians celebrate 150 years of traditional song festival
- Folk songs by candlelight in Beer Quarry Caves
- Top names line up for 2019 Southdowns Folk & Ukulele Festival
- Ireland's favourite folk song revealed