Hanoi (VNA) – Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) has to date signed 35 power purchase agreements (PPAs) with private solar power firms that have a combined capacity of 2,271 MW.
Most notably is the agreement inked with the 35-MW Phong Dien solar power plant in Phong Dien district, in the central province of Thua-Thien Hue, which was the first solar project with access to the national grid. It was put into operation early this month.
In the first nine months of 2018, the EVN has also put into commercial use two 600-MW generator groups at Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Plant and two others, each with a capacity of 300MW at Thai Binh Thermal Power Plant, bringing the its total electricity generation to 28,100 MW.
From January to September, the state-run company has provided sufficient electricity supply for businesses and people nationwide, particularly during holidays, festivals, and national events.
According to the EVN, the electricity generation and imports in September reached 18.4 billion kWh, bringing the nine-month figure to 163.5 billion kWh, up 10.54 percent from the same period last year.
The power transmission totalled 137.6 billion kWh in the first three quarters of 2018, up 10.6 percent year-on-year. –VNA
- Best Nespresso coffee and espresso machines deals in Amazon’s 12 Days of Deals
- Factbox: Nestle CEO Mark Schneider's top deals over the past three years
- Transparent solar cells could be used to glaze office blocks
- Best mattresses for 2019 - and all the best deals
- This Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme laptop deal cuts over $1,000 off with promo code
- Stay secure online and browse privately with over 80% off ZenMate VPN for three years
- Brazil's Petrobras studies sale of power plants, CEO tells brokerage
- The best smart home deals for Cyber Monday 2019
- ‘WTH Was That Noise’: Trump’s F-35 Flyover Provokes Panic in US Capital (VIDEOS)
- Walmart vs. Best Buy: The Best Black Friday 2019 Deals