It seems as though SpaceX founder and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is a big fan of anime films, as he went on to tweet about how now’s the time to create a “Mecha”, which in the world of science fiction stands for basically a giant fighting robot.
This past weekend, Musk tweeted out a trailer for a Japanese anime movie called ‘Your Name’. He then followed that tweet up with one that simply said: “It is time to create a mecha.”
Now, whether he just thinks that it would be cool to finally see one in real life because mankind finally has the technology (hypothetically) to attempt such a project, is one thing. However, if he actually meant it as an announcement for something that he’ll be overseeing, well, that’s another thing altogether.
Would it be interesting to see a working giant robot in real life? Sure, why not. Yet, what would be the point of one? In both movies and cartoons, such machines are used exclusively to fight off giant monsters or alien invaders. Last time we checked, we had neither of those here on Earth – unless Elon knows something we don’t.
In the real world, governments spend billions on defense programs every year, buying everything from tanks to fighter jets, aircraft carriers and so on. We’ve yet to see a government official declare that a giant robot would be in any way more efficient than something that can neutralize its target from a distance. Of course, there’s a reason why some things are just meant to remain in the realm of science fiction, as giant robots just aren’t that practical.
In the end, odds are Musk was just joking around, or simply wanted to let his followers know how much he’d like to finally see a Mecha in real life. He has however come through before on seemingly lighthearted propositions, such as when he first announced The Boring Company.
Photo: Pacific Rim Movie / Facebook
- Step aside, Kevin Smith: Here are some more contenders for the worst tweet of all time
- 5 Simple Steps For Real-Time Lead Generation Via Social Marketing Sites
- Creating a Community on Twitter- One Follower at a Time
- Twitter in Real Life
- The 9 Days of Chris Brogan Blogging Secrets - Create Media Outposts, Learn HTML, and Give More
- How to Create a Successful TweetUp Using Twitter
- Social Network Success - Virtual Water Cooler Means Real Connections
- Visioning the Invisible - An Interview With Photographer Shalom Ormsby - Co-Founder of Blend Images
- 21st Century Business - Does Anyone Over 35 Get It?
- Twitter Tools - Decoding the Social Networking Hash Tag Mystery
- Be Productive With Twitter in Just 60 Minutes a Week
- Total War: Shogun 2: The Fall of the Samurai
- 10 Reasons Why Twitter May Be the Best Social Media For Your Company
- Twitter - The Essentials
- Attraction Marketing Techniques
- Virtual Vacuums - Twittering in Silence
- How to Make Twitter a Powerful Networking Tool
- Twitter Search Engine Optimization SEM - Useful Tips to Increase Your Traffic
- The Twitter Business Model - Tips and Tools to Achieve Revenues
- The Twitter Question
Elon Musk Tweets About How It's Time To Create A Real Mecha have 503 words, post on www.carscoops.com at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.