Cai Rang floating market in Can Tho city (Photo: VNA) Can Tho (VNA) – Can Tho has exerted great efforts to reach its goal of making tourism a spearhead industry for the Mekong Delta city. According to Director of the municipal Department of Culture, Sports, and Tourism Tran Viet Phuong, Can Tho has posted a growth rate of 20 percent in tourist arrivals and 28 percent in tourism revenue each year over the last three consecutive years. The city is expected to welcome around 8 million visitors this year, up 70.2 percent from 4.7 million from 2015. Revenue from tourism is estimated to reach 3.5 trillion VND (151 million USD). The city has diversified its tours, tourism products, and services, as well as improved its infrastructure for the industry. The city had an additional 26 hotels this year compared to 2016, including eight rated from four- to five-stars. A variety of national and international cultural events and festivals have been organised in the city, attracting large numbers of visitors. Furthermore, the city has put more focus on enhancing the quality of local tourism workers, with some 20 training courses opened for over 800 people in the industry, bringing its proportion… Read full this story
- Dodge City, Kansas Prepares for Tourism Season with USA TODAY Nomination
- City council candidates make their case to get elected
- Business Forum Group showcases key industry sectors in 2019
- If nothing else, Lake Erie panel should strive to make Clevelanders lake-defending activists, council President Kevin Kelley says
- Reading City Council hires candidate for key City Hall post
- Reading City Council questions how, when key city posts will be filled
- El Cajon City Council to make decision on replacing Ben Kalasho
- City pledges to make sustainable investments
- Big 12 women's basketball is leaving Oklahoma City — might absence make hearts grow fonder?
- Federal officials order 15,000 new H-2B visas for tourism, seafood industries
Can Tho city strives hard to make tourism key industry have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 22, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.