The Deputy Director of Koh Phangan Hospital, Dr. Pahon Pirapinyo, the Chief Advisor of Haad Rin Business Association, Tawit Somwang, and a team of officials inspected Ao Chaloklum and Rin beaches in Ko Pha Ngan district on Sept 17, after the Marine and Coastal Resources Research and Development Center found 25 box jellyfish at Chaloklum Bay on September 10 and 11, 2018. The authorities have put up signs along the beaches, warning of the box jellyfish, and prepared first aid in case people are stung by them. Containers of vinegar have been placed along the beaches to treat jellyfish stings. Only vinegar can be used; fresh water must not be applied because it will cause the poison to spread. Lifeguards and municipal officials have also been positioned along the coast to warn tourists.
- Ukrinform: 1.9 million foreign tourists visited Kyiv in 2018
- Over 800,000 Azerbaijani tourists visit Turkey
- Over 550,000 tourists visit Turkey for health-oriented services in 2018
- Number of tourist visits to Armenia increases by 8.8% during 2018
- Over 2.2 million foreign tourists visited Romania in the first 9 months, spending RON 5.23 billion
- Over 123,000 tourists visit Gobustan
- 13.3% increase in tourists visiting Malta in third quarter 2018
- 19 million foreign tourists visited NL in 2017, growth slows
- Some 1.35 mln Ukrainian tourists visit Turkey in 2018
- 1.75 mln tourists visited “Wieliczka” Salt Mine in 2018
Tourists visiting Pha Ngan warned of box jellyfish have 213 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.