WASHINGTON (AP) — Ex-Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort cuts ‘cooperation agreement’ ahead of 2nd trial, prosecutor says. Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was expected to plead guilty Friday to reduced federal charges in a deal with prosecutors that will allow him to avoid a second trial scheduled to begin next week, a new court filing shows. The charges are related to Manafort’s Ukrainian political consulting work. Friday’s court filing said Manafort’s homes in New York City, in the Hamptons and in Virginia, as well as money from his bank accounts and life insurance policies may be seized by the government as part of the deal. It is not clear whether any agreement with prosecutors would require him to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into possible coordination between the Trump presidential campaign and Russia. In the new filing, prosecutors dropped the bulk of the charges against Manafort, filing new paperwork that includes just two counts that resemble in many ways the original allegations made in an indictment last year. The charges were contained in a criminal information document that can only be filed with a defendant’s consent and typically signals a deal has been reached. The charges… Read full this story
- Paul Manafort Pleads Guilty to Avoid Second Trial, Will Cooperate With Mueller
- BP, CRC sign cooperation agreement
- Trump won't say whether he will pardon Manafort and Stone, calls FBI investigators 'human scum'
- Q+A: Australia will change coronavirus testing criteria, says medical officer Paul Kelly, as Dr Norman Swan questions slow response
- Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors
- Ex-Trump campaign manager Manafort seeks home confinement, as COVID-19 spreads in prisons
- Actress Lori Loughlin, others not entrapped by investigators: Prosecutors
- Vietnam actively delivers Trade Facilitation Agreement commitments
- With oil prices volatility, cooperation between Sudan, South Sudan becomes more important
- Report: Inside Paul Singer’s Attempt to Take Down Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
Prosecutor: Paul Manafort cuts 'cooperation agreement' have 330 words, post on www.wrdw.com at September 14, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.