Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford finally admitted that it was a concussion that ended his season last year and has been causing him so many problems over the last few months. On the ice working his way back to playing shape today but not taking part in normal training camp activities, Crawford told reporters that is now “really close” despite still experiencing some concussion symptoms.
The Blackhawks are desperately trying to bounce back from their disappointing 2017-18 campaign, and probably the most important player on the entire roster is Crawford. Without him the team will have to go with a tandem of Cam Ward and Anton Forsberg, a duo that while upgraded from last season is still underwhelming at the very best. Ward does have experience as a starter of course, but hasn’t shown much over the last few seasons to prove that he can handle carrying a team to the postseason. Crawford getting back into the net at full strength would be a huge boost for the Blackhawks, but we’ll have to wait and see if he can get there.
- The Anaheim Ducks were pleased to have both Ryan Kesler and Patrick Eaves on the ice today when the team opened training camp, though it’s still not clear what their status is for the start of the season. There had been some rumors about Kesler perhaps missing the entire 2018-19 campaign with his ongoing hip troubles, but having him out on the ice even just skating is a step in the right direction. Eaves of course is coming back from his Guillain-Barre Syndrome diagnosis but would be an incredible boost to the Ducks’ secondary scoring group if he can return to full strength this season. In his 22 regular season games with the Ducks since being acquired in 2017, Eaves has scored 12 goals including 10 at even strength.
- The Vancouver Canucks added some size and toughness to the lineup this summer when they signed Tim Schaller, Jay Beagle and Antoine Roussel, but have already lost one of them to injury. Roussel will not be participating in training camp at this point after suffering a concussion in pre-camp scrimmages. Still skating, Roussel’s timeline hasn’t been made public and at this point is likely still undecided. It’s a tough start for a player who was signed to a four-year contract in July, despite never scoring 15 goals or 30 points in a single season.
- Corey Oates admits to team fractures last season as Broncos prepare for Eels redemption
- Borussia Dortmund confirms Mario Gotze will leave the team at the end of the season
- Exile over: Bruno Fornaroli parts ways with Melbourne City immediately to end sorry saga
- Ink Master contestant Daniel Silva is charged with the MURDER of his YouTube star friend Corey La Barrie following fatal car crash in Los Angeles
- Leigh Halfpenny to miss Six Nations start with concussion symptoms
- A look at Devonte' Graham's breakout NBA season with Charlotte
- Red Wings to retain Blashill as head coach for 2020-21 season
- The Masked Singer: Kandi Burruss removes Night Angel mask after winning season three of hit Fox show
- Kardashian drama that surrounded each KUWTK season and allegations Kris orchestrated it all
- 'You're such a bad girl!' Kris Jenner, 64, admits she's ALWAYS 'in the mood' for sex with boyfriend Corey Gamble, 39... as she confides in pal on KUWTK
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ Season Finale: Riggs’ Fate In Question Amidst Clayne Crawford’s Likely Exit
- Woman and 5-Year-Old Boy Drown in Pool at Home of Former MLB Player Carl Crawford
- How would a lost baseball season affect Giants and A’s?
- Coronavirus and sports: Scottish Premiership abandons season
- Milan lack stability to become a European power, admits Biglia
- College basketball coaching changes tracker: Green Bay fires Linc Darner after five seasons
- Kim Zolciak's mini-me daughter Ariana Biermann, 18, poses in a bra top and shorts in the driveway of her mother's Georgia mansion
- Behind Daniel Ricciardo’s tumultuous season at Renault
- Is KJ Apa QUITTING Riverdale? Kiwi star hints new album is on its way after admitting music was his 'first love' and acting wasn't his 'end game'
- The Good Fight starring Christine Baranski will return for fifth season on CBS All Access after coronavirus crisis shut down production
Corey Crawford admits concussion ended his 2017-18 season have 690 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at September 14, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.