Vietnam- the world’s second largest producer of coffee- is about to begin the 2018-2019 coffee crop. The output of four Central Highland provinces, which produce more than 90% of the country’s total yield, is projected to increase by about 4% against the previous crop, according to a Bloomberg survey.
In addition, the escalating trade tension between the US and China and the devaluation of currency exchange rates in the major coffee producing countries also has a negative impact on global coffee prices.
The Import-Export Department warned businesses and farmers of their need to closely follow market fluctuations and global prices to create proper reserve plans, especially as Vietnam’s new harvest season approaches.
The General Department of Vietnam Customs reported that Vietnam exported 153,300 tons of coffee in August valued at US$282.16 million, bringing the total export volume over the eight months to 1.33 million tons worth US$2.54 billion, up 16.6% in volume and down 1.5% in value.
Particularly, August’s strong growth was seen in coffee exports to Germany, expanding 147.3% in volume to 20,800 tons and 86.3% in value to US$36 million.
- PNG part of team to act on coffee price
- Can Housing Prices Continue To Fall?
- North Hertfordshire house prices continue downward trend
- Coffee growers need clarity on pricing: Grower
- Coffee export volumes jump, value falls in Q1
- Coffee could become a luxury in the UK because global warming and low prices 'are driving farmers out of work'
- Reports from the African Coffee Plantation
- How is climate change affecting coffee production?
- Kristen Stewart bares her tanned legs in cut-off denim shorts while on a coffee run in Los Angeles
- Miley Cyrus struggles to wipe the smile off her face as she steps out for coffee with her 'boo' Cody Simpson
- An escape for coffee growers, traders
- A Sliding Share Price Has Us Looking At Peyto Exploration & Development Corp.'s (TSE:PEY) P/E Ratio
- Chavez: Lets Form a Gourmet Coffee Union
- Denmark is world's priciest country for a Starbucks coffee
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipes
- The Best Place to Buy Coffee Online
- Slides remain missing for up to 30 cervical cancer patients
- China inflation surges as pork prices soar
- Sipping in style! Amal Clooney dons a sleek purple dress and a VERY bright £2,238 Proenza Schouler coat as she grabs a coffee in New York
- Ethiopia - a land where coffee meets tradition
Coffee prices continue to slide have 403 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.