|Auditor General of the State Audit of Vietnam (SAV) Ho Duc Phoc and ASOSAI Secretary General Choe Jaehyeong (L)|
The meeting took place in Hanoi on September 20 on the sidelines of the 14th Assembly of the Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI 14).
The SAV leader glowingly spoke of the sound relations between the SAV and BAI as well as the relationship between the two nations. He said he hopes that the two sides would regularly share experience in building audit law and auditing standards, and step up audit cooperation in the areas of common interest such as information technology or environmental audits.
“The SAV and BAI need to augment their closer and effective cooperation to bring the diplomatic relations between Vietnam and the Republic of Korea to a higher level. Vietnam is mapping out a strategy for information technology development by 2030 and with a vision for 2040, therefore, the country desires to cooperate and share experience with RoK in this regard,” Phoc told his guest.
Vietnam is sparing no efforts to develop the IT system and IT auditing. The country wants to dispatch its auditors to the RoK to learn from its experience or Korea can sent its experts to Vietnam to share its experience.
The country has adopted information technology and developed a number of types of software in auditing for various fields, such as capital construction audits, corporate audits, and budget audits, he noted. It has applied remote sensing technology for mining management in order to calculate the volume of ores and minerals unearthed and evaluate taxes, he added.
For his part, the ASOSAI Secretary-General, highly appreciated Vietnam’s preparation for and organization of ASOSAI 14 , saying he is particularly impressed with Vietnam’s robust growth and its potential for further development in future, and hoping that the Southeast Asian nation will grow and flourish in the future.
Choe Jeahyoung assured the BAI’s readiness to create favorable conditions for the two sides to promote regular exchange and experience sharing towards deeper mutual understanding.
The RoK will also send experts to Vietnam to assist the SAV in improving auditors’ capacity and conducting information technology and environmental audits, he said.
- General Motors Death Watch 137: The General Dumps Allison
- General Motors to Build Two Bolt-based Crossovers, Considers the Data-mining Business
- General Motors India to cease domestic sales by 2017 end
- General Motors to stop operations at its Halol plant from Friday
- No, Replacing the Flag on Bubba Watson’s General Lee is Not Like Painting a Mustache on the Mona Lisa
- Respect our choices, China's Xi says ahead of Trump G20 meeting
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra In India, Wants To Drive Sales
- Meet the Tyrone and Dublin teams all set for the All Ireland final
- Vietnam, Malaysia advance affiliation between audit agencies
- NSW Auditor-General highlights false greyhound racing coverage