STRICTLY Come Dancing has been hit by fix claims as it’s been pointed out that Danny John Jules is a trained dancer with more than 25 years of experience.
The actor is the latest star to join the line-up, but his casting has irked fans as Danny, 57, has worked as a professional dancer for much of his career.
Danny confirmed his Strictly status yesterday by announcing he’s starting to prepare for the live shows.
However, fans have flocked to Twitter to point out that Danny isn’t an amateur as he’s been dancing professionally since the 1990s.
One tweeted: “Eh? Danny John-Jules is literally a dancer. Why don’t Strictly book Lionel Blair, Wayne Sleep and Louie Spence while their at it?.”
A second added: “Danny John-Jules is a professionally trained dancer. Isn’t Strictly supposed to be for amateurs?”
Another wrote: “So, Danny John Jules, a trained dancer of 40 years experience is going to be a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing?… They’re not even trying anymore, are they?”
Another tweeted: “Danny John Jules is a dancer… That feels cheating.”
However, many have acknowledged that it will be good to see such a talented dancer show off his skills on the show – and say they should just hand him the glitterball trophy now.
The OFFICIAL CBB line-up confirmed to enter the famous house on Thursday
BACK TO BASICS
Lisa Appleton forced to live in a tree house as she hits rock bottom
Amir Khan’s wife Faryal disgusts fans as she calls herself a ‘P**i’
Liam Payne kisses & cuddles new love interest weeks after split from Cheryl
‘SKIN AND BONES’
Kerry Katona shares pics of her face & protruding belly after falling ill
WHO’S BAT GIRL
Ruby Rose’s rise from poverty, violence & incest to first lesbian Batwoman
Danny started his career as a West End singer and dancer, and was even part of the original cast of Starlight Express.
He also appeared as a dancer with George Micheal in Wham!’s video for The Edge of Heaven.
After being cast in Red Dwarf, TV bosses made the most of his performance skills by getting him to choreograph a massive song and dance routine for the show.
The track, Tongue Tied, was even released as a single, which hit number 17 in the UK singles chart in 1993.
Danny was credited as his character The Cat on the release.
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Strictly Come Dancing holds secret dance sessions to talk celebs into signing up for show, reveals Kevin Clifton
- Strictly Come Dancing Star Gorka Marquez and Gemma Atkinson will bring up baby to be bilingual
- Strictly Come Dancing bosses approach billionaire heiress Tamara Ecclestone to appear on this year’s show
- Who is Oti Mabuse? The Greatest Dancer judge and Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer
- Strictly Come Dancing pro Neil Jones says he’s finally forgiven Katya Jones for snogging Seann Walsh
- How old is Shirley Ballas, who’s the Strictly Come Dancing judge’s ex husband and does she have kids?
- Strictly Come Dancing stars land 10 per cent pay rise on top of £50k salary to make sure they sign up this year
- Strictly Come Dancing 2019 professionals line-up – who is returning for Strictly 2019?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2019 celebrity line-up rumours in full
- Darcey Bussell leaves Strictly Come Dancing with Oti Mabuse as favourite to replace judging panel as fans back her for job