Cedar Haven Nursing Home employees of AFSCME Local 2732 held a rally along with members of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO other unions outside of Cedar Haven on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017. The employees went on strike last week, on Oct. 20, 2017. (Jeremy Long/Lebanon Daily News) Cedar Haven Healthcare Center workers had a thriving union when they were employees of Lebanon County. Less than four years after Cedar Haven was privatized, though, the union had disbanded – broken by an unsuccessful strike against the facility’s ownership. In retrospect, that perhaps shouldn’t have been a surprise. Like most of the United States, unions in Lebanon County today are almost entirely limited to the public sector. We took a look at union membership in Lebanon County, how locals feel about organized labor, and why its unions have lost most of their influence. Major employers go without Union members and their families total about 10,000 Lebanon County residents, or about 14 percent of the county’s population and slightly above the state average, according to the AFL-CIO. The vast majority of those, though, are in the public sector. For the Harrisburg-York-Lebanon combined statistical area, nearly 40 precent of public-sector employees are union members but just… Read full this story
- Lisa Smyth: After-care for my husband largely non-existent
- Soviet spiel: Why the USSR produced ads for non-existing products
- Science can't answer questions about non-existent entities
- Child maintenance non-payment rate falls in West Norfolk
- Foreign Workers Subjected To Exploitation, Unions And Police Now Involved
- Yourtel notified of 'non-compliance' finding by Irish telecoms regulator
- Credit unions struggling to roll out scheme to compete with moneylenders, committee hears
- Cuban Parliament Approves Draft Constitution Recognizing Private Property
- Credit unions 'struggling to compete with moneylenders'
- Building lives: the charity that gives Lebanon’s hidden refugees a home
Private unions almost non-existent in Lebanon CountyYou may also be interested in... have 294 words, post on www.witf.org at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.