Bruce Vielmetti Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Published 5:51 p.m. UTC Aug 22, 2018
Milwaukee County Board Vice Chairman Marcelia Nicholson pleaded no contest Wednesday to a citation she was given after driving into a freeway barrier last month.
Nicholson, 30, was fined $784 and ordered to complete an alcohol assessment. She will lose driving privileges for six months and must use an ignition interlock for a year after getting her license back.
She entered the no contest plea to operating with a prohibited blood alcohol level. Prosecutors dismissed citations for first-time OWI and failing to keep her vehicle under control.
According to the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office, Nicholson crashed her 2017 black Chevrolet utility vehicle into the median wall on I-43 southbound at West National Avenue on July 23. Deputies said she showed signs of impairment and conducted field sobriety tests. She admitted to having one alcoholic drink.
A breath test showed a blood-alcohol content of 0.18, more than twice the legal limit.
Nicholson ran unopposed earlier this year.
Here are recordings of 911 calls authorities received in which Nicholson sounds disoriented.
- LA County To Start Fining Businesses Violating Health Orders As COVID Cases Spike
- This rural Virginia community thought it could escape the pandemic. Now, it has among the highest number of new cases in the state.
- Trump still faces skepticism in suburbs following convention
- Prosecutors charged more police after Ferguson but struggled to win convictions. Will that change after George Floyd?
- South By Southwest goes on after crash kills 2
- This Election Is Going To Be Completely Different. Here's What To Expect.
- The Latest: Melbourne keeps lockdown, charges 8 for protest
- Prison has become home to more female inmates
- Health club chain loses bid to stop Arizona shutdown order
- EXCLUSIVE: Criminal complaint cops used to handcuff paralyzed Jacob Blake to his hospital bed for almost a week is revealed - showing he was accused of domestic abuse and felony sexual assault
- A Black man shot in the back, a teenage shooting suspect, a city in flames: The week that shook Kenosha and the country
- Sports news feed: Lionel Messi returns to Barcelona training
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Pence rips Biden as radical risk
- Here’s What We Know About The Kenosha Shooting And Its Victims
- Morrissey talks policy, says ‘no scores to settle’ in Senate
- China Secretly Built A Vast New Infrastructure To Imprison Muslims
- Alex Jones Just Can't Help Himself
- 'It's way too late for that, you squandered that many years ago': Judge's rebuke to Tekashi 69's estranged father who tried to TAKE THE STAND as his son was sentenced to two years in exchange for snitching on gang members
Milwaukee County supervisor convicted in drunken driving case, faces fine and license suspension have 425 words, post on eu.jsonline.com at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.