|The film Sứ Mệnh Trái Tim (Heart’s Mission) stars Angela Phương Trinh and Võ Cảnh — Photo courtesy of the Cinema Department|
The highlight of the event is the film Sứ Mệnh Trái Tim (Heart’s Mission) starring Angela Phương Trinh and Võ Cảnh.
Directed by Đỗ Đức Thịnh, it’s a story of young soldiers who take on a mission to detect unexploded ammunition.
The film reflects the young team’s devotion to the community and the love between a soldier and a teacher who volunteer to work in a mountainous region.
The films to be screened include both feature and documentary movies on the topics of war, patriotism, heroes and revolution.
They include Giấc Mơ Thổ Cẩm (Brocade Dream), Cao Hơn Bầu Trời (Higher Than the Sky), Nhà Tiên Tri (The Prophecy), Những Người Viết Huyền Thoại (The Legend Maker), Đừng Đốt (Don’t Burn), and Bác Hồ Với Nông Dân (Uncle Hồ and Farmers).
The Cinema Department organized the film screening to celebrate the anniversaries of the August Revolution (August 19, 1945) and National Day (September 2).
The event is being jointly held by the Việt Nam Documentary and Scientific Film Studio; the National Cinema Center; Ruby Media Company; departments of culture, sports and tourism; and cinema centers nationwide.
- Holly Willoughby celebrates 10th anniversary with TV husband Phillip Schofield
- Hollywood has had a field day with the moon, but these are the films to watch
- How did Zion National Park become more popular than Yosemite or Yellowstone?
- Documentary series on Japan returns on VTV for third season
- Splitting the ticket: The 2016 fall movie preview, part 1
- From American Idol to The X Factor..Simon Cowell’s £1billion empire
- A trip down memory lane to mark Pu La Deshpande’s centenary year
- The Biggest Scifi Movie Milestones of 2018
- Let "better angels" enhance Sino-U.S. relationship: Chinese Ambassador
- Is it too late to save Hong Kong from Beijing’s authoritarian grasp?