A couple cycling from Cornwall to Edinburgh said having their bikes stolen in Leicester has actually helped their cause. David and Carole Chapple are raising money and awareness for Mind with the 700-mile cycle ride, which includes stopping at comedy clubs on the way to watch shows and have collections. Their visit to Leicester turned into a disaster after they returned from a Rhod Gilbert gig in the city centre to find their bikes, which were chained up in the Ibis hotel car park in Corporation Hill, had been stolen. While Rutland Cycling has lent the pair bikes to continue their trip, the loss was heartbreaking for keen cyclists David and Carole. Not only were their bikes very personal possessions for them, the thief had ripped up flags advertising the Mind charity that were attached to the bikes. But thanks to comedians sharing their sad tale on Twitter, stories on Leicestershire Live and interviews with BBC Radio Leicester, David said the negative had been turned into a positive and that they were set to smash their fund-raising target by the end of their trip on Sunday. Speaking from Derbyshire during a break in the ride, he said: “We still feel… Read full this story
- People spot dog riding pillion on bike in BBC show. ‘Most Indian photobomb’, says Twitter
- Man killed over alleged bike theft was McKinley grad, talented pianist: 'We need to value lives more'
- Perth residents say plant theft from gardens on the rise
- Watch: Most Desi Photobomb? Dog Riding Pillion on Bike Steals BBC Anchor's Thunder
- Yoko Ono Calls for an End to Gun Violence on the Anniversary of John Lennon's Death, Says 'We Are Turning This Beautiful Country into a War Zone'
- Rate sensitive stocks trade mixed after RBI cuts interest rate by 35bps; Bank Nifty turns positive
- Naked Bike Ride in Cologne joins world call for safer, cleaner streets
- First-time visitor stranded in London spends the night pedalling a Boris Bike 67 miles around the city to visit 25 landmarks in eight hours
- Ride and joy! Sophie Wessex smiles as she takes the reins during horse-drawn jaunt around Windsor
- Dog riding pillion ‘photobombs’ BBC show, video leaves people in splits
Charity ride pair say bike theft has turned into a positive have 366 words, post on www.leicestermercury.co.uk at July 31, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.