Asmita Katkar, who suffered serious injury during the Andheri bridge collapse passed away today. She was 35 and was undergoing treatment at Dr RN Copper hospital since Tuesday. Katkar was in vegetative state for the last few days.
According to the doctors in Dr RN Cooper Hospital, Katkar never showed any major signs of recovery. Dr Rajesh Sukhdeve, medical superintendent of Cooper Hospital, said, “We declared her dead at 6.32 pm on Saturday. Her condition had been critical since the time she was admitted to the hospital. Anti-gangrene injection was given to her to save her injured hand from infection.”
Medical officer on duty stated that she was suffering from fluctuating blood pressure since Saturday morning. The medical officer added, “We wanted to carry further MRI test but looking at her condition, we delayed it.” Finally despite all efforts from the doctors, Katkar lost her life battle in the evening.
A resident of Juhu gully, Katkar underwent a surgery immediately after she was taken out from the debris and shifted to the hospital. She underwent a major operation on Tuesday where a team of doctors – ENT, neurologist, orthopedic, plastic surgeon operated on her.
On Tuesday morning she had gone to drop her six-year-old son Siddhesh to school in Andheri East. While returning, on her way walking on the Gokhale bridge she met with the accident.
According to her husband, Asmita regularly took the same route to drop her son to school. Waiting outside the SICU ward he said, “We were eagerly waiting for her to become conscious. We were hoping that she recovers soon. Our son is crying to see his mother at home.”
However, that was not to be.
- 35-Year-Old Woman Arrested After Collision
- 35-year-old woman killed as she stepped into crosswalk in southeast Wichita
- 35-year-old woman found dead at foot of Tampines condo, injured husband dies in hospital
- 35-year-old woman gangraped by father, his friends in UP
- Missing 97-year-old woman found safe and well
- 35-year-old UP woman allegedly raped by father, 2 friends
- 21-year-old woman killed in crash on the Kennedy Bridge has been identified
- SAPD looking for motorist who fatally struck 65-year-old woman
- 23-year-old woman raped by three men in Uttar Pradesh
- Another Rape: 20-Year-Old Woman Set On Fire For Resisting Molestation In Uttar Pradesh