According to Quang Ninh Province’s Inland Waterway Port Authority, ships from Co To Island to the mainland have been banned since June 24 due to rough sea, leaving tourists stranded there. The weather is forecasted to last for two more days.
Co To Island
Rough seas have also prevented work on repairing electrical cable problems which have resulted in the island suffering power cuts over recent days.
Pham Dinh Chan from Quang Ninh Electricity Company said that the electrical cable problems on Co To Island were caused by lightning. The repairs have been temporarily delayed due to the rough sea.
It is quite common for Co To to be cut off from the mainland due to bad weather, particularly in the rainy season.
- This drone rescued two people from rough seas off the coast of Australia
- JetBlue cancellations strands thousands in New York
- Market close: Rough seas again
- Scientists Predict These Islands Are Doomed, But That's Not the Whole Story
- Humans were in the Philippines thousands of years before expected
- Vocus completes final splice of Coral Sea Cable System
- 'Stranger Things' Star Claims He and His Family Are Stranded at NYC Airport With Every Hotel Booked
- Climate Change Turned 99.8% of These Sea Turtle Babies into Girls
- What happened on Easter Island? New theory proposed
- E3-exclusive Sea of Thieves cosmetics selling for roughly $50 on eBay