Among large projects granted investment certificate in Vietnam during this period, two new projects worth total investment capital of US$400 million from Japan’s industrial group Nidec have been licensed to take place in the Hoa Lac High-Tech Park.
Nidec’s first project is Vietnam Nidec Shimpo with total investment capital of US$200 million. It was aimed to develop and manufacture small speed reducers with high accuracy. Another Nidec project is Vietnam Nidec Techno Motor worth US$200 million, meant to develop and manufacture electric brushless motors.
By the end of 2017, Hanoi had attracted accumulated FDI of US$27.94 billion for 4,330 ongoing projects, in which US$15.4 billion, or 55% of total FDI has been disbursed.
The highest proportion of FDI (31%) has gone to real estate, followed by processing and manufacturing with 28% and information and communication of 8.7%.
Japan ranks first among investors having valid investment projects in Hanoi with a total registered capital of US$5.8 billion, followed by Singapore with US$5.6 billion and South Korea wtih US$5.4 billion.
Recently, Hanoi has made priority in attracting quality projects, focusing on high-tech and environmentally friendly projects which manufacture high added value and competitive export products, said Nguyen Manh Quyen, Director of Hanoi Department of Investment and Planning.
Hanoi has also stepped up efforts in training high qualified human resources and developing the financial and banking system, with the aim of mobilizing efficiently investment capital for sustainable socio-economic development, Quyen added.
Hanoi currently ranks third among cities and provinces in Vietnam in term of FDI attraction, behind Ho Chi Minh City and Hai Phong.
- Premium real estate projects attracting foreign customers
- Hanoi’s real estate sphere skyrockets
- Construction of Hanoi’s first metro line completed
- Binh Duong lures over 3 billion USD in foreign investment
- Construction work done, Hanoi metro gets ready to run
- Hanoi plans toll collection on vehicles in 2030
- Fresh air among the flowers outside Hanoi
- Forward Russia: Grand Sochi project highlights Putin ambition
- Hanoi sends giant workforce to meet new sky train test-run deadline
- Vietnam ‘dreams high’ with high-speed railway project
- External reserves plunge to 20-month low
- Hanoi’s dire air stifles daily routine
- 2 bln USD projects inked at int'l copyright fair in E China
- Top 10 UK dinosaur attractions
- Little things matter to architects on $2.2 billion transit center
- Damning truth of the BBC's relentless pursuit of its licence-fee billions: How the Beeb's bullying now leads to one in ten of all magistrate hearings, a third of criminal cases brought against women - and children as young as ten 'prosecuted'
- AIIB announces $210 million loan for irrigation & solar energy projects in India
- Beijing Bank announces USD 210 million loan for irrigation, solar energy projects in India
- Australia provides $24 million to support transport project development
- 'It was sport': Trump says he claimed $1.17 billion in business losses in the 1980s and 1990s as a 'tax shelter' and 'almost all real estate developers' did it as he blasts New York Times report based on 10 years of confidential IRS data
Hanoi projected to attract US$1.3 billion in first six months have 513 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at June 13, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.