Patna, June 6: It has been more than 10 months since Janata Dal (United) (JD(U)) supremo and Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar switched sides to ‘abandon’ his old allies–the Congress and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)–to join hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). All these months, often the RJD and the Congress have criticised the Bihar CM for dishonouring the mandate of the people (as the JD(U), the RJD and the Congress won the 2015 Bihar Assembly elections together) to run an “opportunistic” government with the “communal and divisive” BJP. Most often Kumar ignored the barbs of his friends-turned-foes, but on Tuesday in Patna, the Bihar CM spoke at length on various issues, including the party’s latest defeat at the hands of the RJD in the Jokihat by-poll. The Jokihat debacle is the third continuous defeat of the JD(U) at the hands of the RJD since the “bitter divorce” happened last year. The JD(U) had lost the last two by-polls in Jehanabad and Araria. While it is clear that things are pretty bad between the JD(U) and its former alliance partners in the Mahagathbandhan (Grand Alliance), there have been a lot of murmurs about the tensions between the BJP… Read full this story
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar Chairs High-level Meeting on Pollution; Plying of Old Vehicles Banned
- Chhath celebrated with fervour in Bihar, CM Nitish Kumar greets devotees
- Make in India: Bihar CM writes to Goyal on why he bats for diesel locos
- Rahul refused to 'join hands with AAP' for LS poll: Kejriwal
- All must join hands against pollution: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Why did BJP join hands with Dushyant Chautala
- Coronation Street's Alan Halsall defends decision to undergo a second hair transplant as he credits operation for giving him back his 'confidence'
- Ayushmann Khurrana Joins Hands With UNICEF To Raise His Voice Against Child Sexual Abuse
- Inheritor of dynasty sees drama in success of scientists, Amit Shah's dig at Rahul
- Will Shiv Sena Join Hands With NCP? For the 'First Time' Since Maharashtra Polls, Ajit Pawar Receives a Message
Bihar CM Nitish takes a dig at dynasts Rahul, Tejashwi, defends decision to join hands with BJP have 350 words, post on www.oneindia.com at June 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.