Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The Philadelphia Boys Choir & Chorale (PBCC) will perform the Vietnamese folk song Trong Com (The Cylindrical Drum) at the Vietnam Youth Theatre on July 15.
The northern folk song Trong Com is part of the choir’s repertoire in Hanoi along with the traditional American patriotic song America, the Beautiful, Elton John’s Circle of Life, and Alan Menken’s Beauty and the Beast.
The PBCC is renowned for its musicianship, intelligence and interpretive abilities. The Emmy-winning and Grammy-nominated choir has cultivated a devoted following worldwide for their highly-acclaimed concerts and performances.
Established in 1968 and under the direction of Jeffrey R. Smith since 2004, the choir is known as “America’s Ambassadors of Song,” having proudly represented both the City of Philadelphia and the United States of America on its many concert tours across the globe.
The PBCC’s achievements include recordings with internationally-renowned orchestras and soloists such as Luciano Pavarotti, television appearances, and praise from critics and audiences worldwide.
The PBCC has collaborated with many ensembles, including Philadelphia Orchestra, the Philly POPS, Pennsylvania Ballet, and Opera Philadelphia, as well as Curtis Institute, the Mendelssohn Club, Vox Ama Deus, and The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia. The group has also appeared in television shows such as Good Morning America, Saturday Night Live, and The Today Show.
The performance will begin at 8pm at the Vietnam Youth Theatre located at 11 Ngo Thi Nham street.-VNS/VNA
- Canadian diplomats sing Vietnamese folk song
- Vietnamese folk songs played in Berlin
- Vietnamese folk songs get intangible cultural heritage status
- Vietnamese folk songs sung in Switzerland
- 2013 Toyota Concert to include Vietnamese folk song
- Diplomats enjoy traditional Vietnamese folk songs
- Acapella concert presents German, Vietnamese folk music
- Cao Lan people sing their old songs
- The defenders of folk songs and music
- Students strive to keep folk songs alive