Attending the event were head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education Vo Van Thuong and permanent Vice Chairman of the Vietnamese Journalists’ Association Ho Quang Loi.
Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, President Tran Dai Quang, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc sent baskets of flowers on the occasion.
Speaking at the event, VNA General Director Nguyen Duc Loi said Tin Tuc, previously known as Tuan Tin Tuc (News weekly), issued the first edition on May 14, 1983, marking a new period of development and contributing to the cause of the country’s press renovation then.
Over the past 35 years, Tin Tuc staff have kept striving to develop the newspaper into a trustworthy information channel of the government and the leading socio-political paper of VNA. Its products have better met demand of readers nationwide, contributing to public opinion orientation together with other VNA units, and affirming VNA’s important position in mainstream press.
With its achievements, the paper was honoured with the Labour Order, third class and the Labour Order, second class.
The VNA General Director said as the year 2018 marks positive changes in socio-economic and press development, VNA – a reliable strategic information centre of the Party and State will push forward its goal of becoming a strong multimedia complex and maintain its mainstream press position in the country.
The sector will continue improving information quality, expanding new kinds of media to better meet demand of domestic and foreign press outlets and people, he said, adding that Tin Tuc staff need to devise measures to improve its information and economic efficiency.
Tin Tuc Editor-in-Chief Ninh Hong Nga said the newspaper sets the goal of further improving its information products, developing Tin Tuc online newspaper and continuing to build Tin Tuc weekly into the only printed socio-political publication of VNA and a strong brand in mainstream press with articles against negative phenomena, corruption, honouring good models of individuals and collectives, thus serving as a bridge between the State and people.
On the occasion, the newspaper received the government’s emulation flag while its editorial board and two desks received certificates of merit of VNA General Director.-VNA
- EXCHANGE: Wildlife Center in Sycamore marks 35th anniversary
- Nissan GT-R 50th Anniversary Edition debuts in New York
- Mt Washington Cog Railway marks 150th anniversary
- ‘The Karate Kid’ crane-kicks its way back into theaters for 35th anniversary screenings
- EqualityMaine’s 35th Anniversary Gala and Auction on April 6
- ‘Sunday in the Park with George’ celebrates 35th anniversary
- 35th Anniversary Celebration
- Florida Cancer Specialists Celebrates 35th Anniversary
- Turning 2: Steel Bender marks second anniversary with weekend celebration
- Abbey Road Live Marks 50th Anniversary of Rooftop Concert With Wuxtry Show Today