Manchester United supporters are concerned for their FA Cup final hopes after it was revealed Romelu Lukaku will start on the bench.
The club’s top scorer missed out on a starting place for the clash with Chelsea after failing to recover from an ankle injury suffered in the Premier League win over Arsenal on April 29.
Jose Mourinho’s side have scored just once in the three games Lukaku has missed in the build-up to the Wembley showdown, and Reds are concerned their side might suffer from the same issues against Chelsea.
Marcus Rashford will start the final as the central attacking option for United, and while supporters are confident he can produce the goods, they would much prefer if the Belgian international had started.
The United team was announced an hour before kick-off with Alexis Sanchez and Jesse Lingard supporting Rashford in the Reds’ forward line.
Some supporters are worried about the absence of the big Belgian.
Worth the risk?
The emoji says it all
That’s not the spirit
Take your chance
Good news for Chelsea
Get all the latest Manchester United news first with our new app. Download it here now .
- Fans WILL be allowed into Wembley for FA Cup final despite date being two days before planned opening of grounds
- FA Cup final could see virus-tested crowd bigger than 10,000
- Manchester United boss Solskjaer savours 'statement' win as Liverpool suffer FA Cup exit
- Better the Devils they know: Manchester United thrill packed stadium with Inter win
- Football: Last-gasp Dani Ceballos goal fires Arsenal into FA Cup semis
- Football: Manchester United sack Mourinho in bid to turn season round
- Man Utd 1 West Ham 0 LIVE REACTION: Scott McTominay’s extra-time volley sends Utd to FA Cup quarter-finals – updates
- Man Utd reach FA Cup quarter-finals, Burnley crash out
- It's looking bleak for Van de Beek as Fernandes keeps Manchester United on trophy track
- Chelsea FA Cup reaction, Bale vows to prove himself at Spurs, Man Utd, Messi to Man City latest, Arsenal, Liverpool news
- Manchester United 1-0 West Ham (aet): McTominay ends Hammers' resistance to seal quarterfinal spot
- Man City survive huge FA Cup scare, Arsenal crash out
- Rumour Has It: Manchester United make Haaland top priority after lack of Kane encouragement
- FA Cup free betting tips including Man United vs West Ham and Burnley vs Bournemouth
- FA Cup quarter-final draw LIVE: Stream FREE, TV channel as Man Utd get Leicester and Everton host City – latest updates
- How Man Utd could line-up against West Ham in FA Cup with David De Gea axed after blunders and Paul Pogba huge doubt
- Barkley winner sends Chelsea into FA Cup semis
- Scott McTominay strikes in extra-time to fire below-par Manchester United past West Ham
- Abbey Clancy jokes dad will ‘kill’ Peter Crouch after he drew Liverpool and Man Utd together in FA Cup fourth round
- John Stones sinks Manchester United and returns City to Carabao Cup final
Manchester United fans react as Romelu Lukaku starts FA Cup final on the bench have 482 words, post on www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk at May 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.