|EVN makes significant contributions to rural electrification|
Over the past decade, the EVN has provided electricity for production and daily use of nearly 2 million rural households through the upgrading and building of middle- and low-voltage transmission networks.
The work was financed by official development assistance (ODA) loans worth about US$2 billion from the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the French Development Agency, the German Development Bank, and the Japan International Cooperation Agency.
Besides, the group has spent over VND5.5 trillion (US$240.9 million) carrying out projects to connect 369 communes with nearly 400,000 families in far-flung rural and border areas of Son La, Dien Bien, Lai Chau, Bac Kan, Nghe An, Lang Son, Khanh Hoa, Tra Vinh, Soc Trang, Hau Giang, Ca Mau, and Kien Giang to the national grid.
EVN has invested in building power supply systems for island districts and communes to develop sea-based economy, protect the marine environment, and contribute to safeguarding the national sovereignty over seas and islands.
It has built overhead electricity lines and cross-sea submarine cable lines at total cost of over VND6.1 trillion (US$267.1 million) to island districts such as Co To (Quang Ninh), Phu Quoc, Kien Hai (Kien Giang), and Ly Son (Quang Ngai) as well as many island communes across the country, supplying electricity for over 140,000 households.
By the end of 2017, EVN sold electricity to nearly 6,000 communes in rural areas with over 6.2 million households.
The company is also selling electricity around-the-clock for 11 out of the 12 island districts across the country, namely Van Don, Co To (Quang Ninh), Cat Hai, Bach Long Vi (Hai Phong), Con Co (Quang Tri), Ly Son (Quang Ngai), Phu Quy (Binh Thuan), Truong Sa (Khanh Hoa), Con Dao (Ba Ria – Vung Tau), and Phu Quoc and Kien Hai (Kien Giang).
The implementation of synchronous measures to improve the power supply system has brought a facelift to Vietnamese rural areas. The proportions of communes and households accessing to electricity has increased from 97% and 93.4% in 2007 to 99.98% and 98.83% in 2017, respectively.
- Build High Self Esteem in Your Children and Encourage Independence and Making Valid Contributions
- IRA Contributions For Tax Savings and Retirement Planning
- 401k Contribution Limits - How Much Can You Put Into Your 401k?
- Retirement Contributions Misunderstood in Financial Aid
- Lease Request For Proposal (RFP) - Analysis and Decision-Making Tips
- Small Business - 7 Steps to Make Your Employees As Passionate As You Are About Your Business
- Soap Making - Instructions and Tips on How to Make Soap From Glycerol
- Thinking About Making Money Online?
- The Millionaire League - Make Money Online
- Make Real Money Online - Build it Over Time