The Miss Scotland crown has double the chance of being lifted by an East Kilbride beauty this year.
That’s because the town has two finalists who will battle it out with 10 other contestants to win the prestigious title.
Linzi McLelland and Zoe Balfour are dreaming of winning this summer.
And Linzi, left, is hoping to soar to new heights and make it second time lucky.
For the air stewardess from West Mains competed in 2014 is eligible to enter the pageant one last time.
And the mental health charity the 24-year-old has chosen to support is close to her heart.
An excited Linzi, a former pupil at Duncanrig Secondary, told the East Kilbride News: “It has been a number of years since I last entered a beauty pageant.
“I was a finalist in Miss Scotland in 2014, won Miss British Empire Scotland in the same year and Miss Glasgow Galaxy in 2016.
“I am also a signed model with Superior modelling agency.
“Now that I am 24, it means that this is the last year I can apply for Miss Scotland. I first entered the competition four years ago and have always dreamed of entering again and this time I am more determined than ever to win the title.
“The winner from Miss Scotland will go on the represent Scotland in the Miss World competition later in the year.
“It is nice to be back in the public eye and I am looking forward to all the events that Miss Scotland has planned for us.
“The support I have received already has been amazing, my phone has not stopped.”
The Miss Scotland final will be held on Friday, June 15 in Glasgow.
Linzi added: “The charity I have chosen to support is one close to my heart – Scottish Association for Mental Health.
“My father sadly took his own life so I am determined to raise money for such a great charity that helps people that face mental health. I will be walking Ben Nevis and holding a fundraiser night in the Body Shop.
“I graduated from a business degree and decided an office job wasn’t for me just yet.
“I have been working as a flight attendant for the last two years and am loving every minute of it.
“I have travelled all over the world and now here’s hoping I can add Miss Scotland to my list of memorable moments.”
As well as Linzi, East Kilbride is also being represented by 20-year-old Zoe, far left, who will be raising money for a new charity – The Friends of Sanderson – through a sky dive.
Her brother attends the town’s Sanderson High School.
The winner of Miss Scotland 2018 will represent the nation at the 68th Miss World to be held in China in December.
- Glamorous Brit-based fashion student wins coveted Miss Teen Universe title wearing PEACOCK-shaped dress
- England vs Scotland: Gordon Strachan mans up for a match that will decide his fate
- Miss England finalists stun in the sun as they hit Sri Lanka hotspot for sexy bikini shoot
- Meet the NEW Miss Great Britain: Everything you need to know about Deone Robertson
- Two Moldovan models crowned the world’s most beautiful women in the 2016 Miss Humanity Universe beauty pageant
- Miss England finalists show off their toned bikini bodies as they sizzle in the Sri Lankan sun
- Miss World 2016 Stephanie Del Valle can’t hide shock as she is crowned winner of this year’s pageant
- Beauty Influencer Amasses 63,000 Fans
- Who is Baylee Curran? After Chris Brown ‘pointed a gun at her head’, here’s everything we know about the Miss California beauty queen
- Woman battling alopecia wins her first beauty pageant… despite being completely bald
- When is Miss World 2016, who are some of the past winners and where can I watch it?
- Life is Beautiful has 11 must-see acts for Las Vegas festival
- Who is Kristhielee Caride? After Miss Universe Puerto Rico loses her tiara court battle here’s what we know
- Hop from gin distillery to chocolate shop via some epic scenery on Scotland’s best road trip
- Romps, lies, sex with judges…the most shocking Miss Great Britain beauty queen scandals
- Outpouring of grief as former SNP leader and ‘true patriot’ Gordon Wilson dies age 79 after short battle with illness
- Miss Germany: A century of beautiful women
- Dethroned Miss GB Zara Holland slams pageant chiefs for taking away her title saying ‘having sex on TV isn’t a crime’
- JonBenet Ramsey’s brother Burke to sue CBS TV network after crime show claimed he killed his beauty queen sister
- A transgender beauty queen who was ‘bullied and spat on’ at school has the last laugh as she’s crowned Miss Transgender England
East Kilbride beauties to battle it out for Miss Scotland 2018 title have 764 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.