BETTY would be choking on her hot pot if she heard the latest plan for the Rover’s Return in Coronation Street.
An upcoming storyline will apparently see Gemma Winter’s love interest Harry Newton promising to buy her the iconic pub with plans to make it more sophisticated.
The iconic boozer has been at the centre of the soap since it began over 50 years ago, so it’s likely to cause an outcry among locals.
According to The Daily Mirror, soap bosses are thinking about injecting some life into the Rovers and think Gemma, played by Dolly-Rose Campbell, and Harry, actor George Banks, could be the perfect solution.
TV insiders said: “He tries to woo her, saying he’ll buy the pub and she can be landlady.
“When he says he wants it to be more sophisticated, she starts planning a cocktail menu.”
The storyline will come when Harry finally manages to win Gemma’s heart after the pair fell for one another in an unlikely romance.
It comes after The Sun exclusively revealed how Peter Barlow, the current landlord of the Rovers Return, was planning to jack in his job.
A source told us: “It’s always a huge moment for Corrie fans when the landlord of the Rovers changes hand.
MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ
CORRIE KID TO BE DAD
Coronation Street wild child Alex Bain to be real-life father aged 16
Is this the reason Victoria Beckham wasn’t smiling at the Royal Wedding?
EastEnders fans horrified as vile reason Kat Slater returned to Walford revealed
DO HUGH TAKE THIS WOMAN?
Hugh Grant married for first time at 57 to Swedish TV producer, 39
‘HE’LL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES’
Katie Price’s new man Kris Boyson wants to be next Mr Price
Maureen Lipman, 79, collapses live on stage during West End show
“Their decision is a very reluctant one and the scenes are highly charged.
“Peter is so angry with Toyah and she’s very sorry and very teary.
“He refuses to run the pub with Toyah and says she can buy his half.”
They added: “Viewers are in for a bit of a rollercoaster.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- How a trendy hot dog stand revitalized a troubled New Orleans neighborhood
- Roundup: News for Japanese, cocktail and bagel fans, plus news for Gastonia, Davidson
- At Old City's Tuna Bar, sushi, a sleek space, and a side of Fujianese family flavors
- Miami Wins Big at Tales of the Cocktail With Emotional Tribute to Sweet Liberty's John Lermayer
- Firework explodes on patio at NC cocktail lounge, scattering customers, video shows
- These Haitian women were doing great in U.S. — and then returned to aid quake-hit nation
- Arcade bar 1983 will open on Old World Third Street Dec. 21
- It looks like a holding cell. But Thunderbird owner sees a south-side neighborhood bar.
- 10 Southern California dive bars that have no cover charge for New Year’s Eve
- NABJ 2018: Fuel up at more than 20 Detroit bars and restaurants
- Have a Mai Tai in paradise at North Jersey's favorite tiki bars
- EATS BEAT: Metropolis opens below Blue Water Grill serving oysters, cocktails in lavish lounge
Coronation Street’s Rovers Return could become a ‘trendy cocktail’ bar have 581 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 25, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.