In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ anchor George Stephanopoulos, former FBI head James Comey suggested that President Donald Trump was “morally unfit” to hold office. Comey has slammed widespread claims that Trump was medically unfit to be president and suggested his own version:
He proceeded to explain the reasons, which to his mind, substantiated his claim:
In addition, Comey told Stephanopoulos that Trump did not stick to the key American values:
Do Russians Have Something on Trump?
When asked if there was any chance that “Russians” had something on Trump and could blackmail him, Comey replied that it was “possible.”
Comey has also opened up about his impressions after his first meeting with Trump, having thus revealed some details of his book, entitled “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership.”
#ComeyInterview: Social Media Reacts
Comey’s sudden silence breaking has spurred much controversy on social media networks, with some actually praising the former FBI director for speaking up:
Watching the #comeyinterview was very interesting and eye opening. I am fully aware are Comey’s past etc, but I hold him credible during this interview. However I’ve grown tired of some Trump supporters constantly treating Trump like a damn Saint. Open your eyes and see the lies.
— Kylie 🦋 (@RosarioKKYLIE) 16 апреля 2018 г.
— VeryStableGenius🌊💙 (@Bab_Blue7) 16 апреля 2018 г.
— Tom’s Tweets (@tatru05) 16 апреля 2018 г.
Others, however, insisted that Comey was having his revenge on Trump for firing him:
Sounds like a vengeful, disgruntled employee to me.
— Becky (@rockfan95) 16 апреля 2018 г.
I don’t think Comey realizes the more he tries to diminish the president, the smaller Comey looks and the more justified the president looks in firing him. Comey might be 6’8” but he is a very, very small man.
— Jimmy (@boomer78910) 16 апреля 2018 г.
Some reacted to Comey being uncertain if Russia had compromising information on Donald Trump, turning to mocking his “it’s possible” remark:
.@GStephanopoulos: “Do you think the Russians have something on Donald Trump?”@Comey: “I think it’s possible. I don’t know. These are more words I never thought I’d utter about a president of the United States, but it’s possible.” https://t.co/itnTAb22eu #Comey pic.twitter.com/bJpl1DBrLK
— ABC News (@ABC) 16 апреля 2018 г.
“it’s possible” That they have info on Comey. “It’s possible” that there will be an earthquake tomorrow in a big city. “It’s possible that I will slip and fall in the shower. “It’s possible” isn’t news worthy…..
— Michael Sanchez (@MikeSanchez1178) 16 апреля 2018 г.
The operative words were “I think” and “I don’t know.” In other words, conjecture and uncertainty. I’m trying to be objective and honest here.
— Verbania (@HDN4ND) 16 апреля 2018 г.
This is just speculation on Comey’s part. It’s an incredibly irresponsible thing for a former FBI director to say about a sitting president.
— Richard Viest (@RViest) 16 апреля 2018 г.
If Comey knew the Russians had some dirt on Trump, he would have spilled all the beans!Saying, “it’s possible” is casting an aspersion!
— china clark (@ChinaAmerican) 16 апреля 2018 г.
Donald Trump fired James Comey in May 2017, explaining it was done upon the recommendation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Two days later, President Trump claimed that he had been planning on forcing Comey out over the poor handling of the investigation into the Hillary Clinton private server and e-mail scandal, “regardless” any recommendation.
- Ex-FBI chief Comey broke norms but not biased
- Watchdog rebukes ex-FBI director Comey over Clinton email case, but found no evidence of bias
- James Comey Says He's So Ashamed Of Child Detentions He Talked Of Posing As Canadian
- Book Review: Ex FBI director James Comey’s memoir a credible portrait of Donald Trump and his administration
- Ex-police chief, 2 officers framed teen for burglaries in tiny Miami town, feds say
- FBI chief vows full review after critical report on Clinton email probe
- NY state suspends license of lawyer for ex-sailor suing Comey, Obama
- Inspector general blasts Comey, says others at FBI showed “willingness to take official action” to hurt Trump
- Lawsuit says DOJ not providing documents to ex-FBI official
- FBI report: Anti-Donald Trump texts ‘cast a cloud’ over email probe
- Giuliani Says Trump Can Pardon Himself, but Christie Says He'll Be Impeached If He Does
- IG report on Clinton email probe reveals FBI agent's 'stop'-Trump text, calls Comey 'insubordinate'
- Ex-FBI honcho blasts Trump over Blagojevich
- NY Times: Ex-FBI official McCabe gives memo on Comey firing to Mueller
- Ex-Navy sailor pardoned by Trump says he's suing Comey and Obama
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders' tweet about restaurant eviction violates law, ex-ethics chief says
- North Korean ex-spy chief dines with Pompeo in NYC
- Court Docs: Ex-Baylor A.D. Says Everyone Was In On The Sexual-Assault Coverup
- James Comey isn’t above the law
- EDITORIAL: Trump schemes aside, Blagojevich deserves shorter sentence
Twitter Explodes as Ex-FBI Chief Comey Says Trump 'Morally Unfit' to Hold Office have 835 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.