Hanoi (VNA) – Exports of the Republic of Korea (RoK) in March 2018 rose 6.1 percent year-on-year, marking an increase for the 17th consecutive month, said the country's Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.
It was also the largest monthly tally for March, as outbound shipments reached 51.58 billion USD from 48.64 billion USD of last year. Shipments of chips and storage devices strongly surged in the period.
The RoK's imports gained five percent on-year to 44.72 billion USD. Its trade surplus came to 6.87 billion USD, marking 77 straight months in which the country’s exports have exceeded imports, according to the Ministry.
"The upbeat pace in monthly exports is driven by recovering global trade and a boom in the information technology market,” the Ministry said in a release, adding that steady demand for the RoK's semiconductors lent strong support to the exports of Asia’s fourth-largest economy.-VNA
- Car Sales December 2019: Maruti Suzuki Ends Year With A Positive Growth
- Vietnam posts record-high $3bn trade surplus
- Asia autos: Positive growth is no sign of strength in 2020
- Stock market indices record marginal growth
- US stock markets hit record highs on trade deal hopes
- Exports to rebound in 2020 but growth to remain subdued
- Vietnam surpasses neighbors in growth of US exports
- Deal or No Deal? Trade war stunts APAC growth
- Winners and losers of the 2019 NHL trade deadline
- Global shares mixed as investors eye NKorea, China-US trade
- Why India needs to get over growth numbers, and look beyond
- Third wave of RoK investment begins rolling into Vietnam
- RoK’s economic recovery pace maintained by robust exports
- Time Warner shares surge on Fox bid; UK pay growth slumps to record low - business live
- Foreigners visiting Vietnam hit record high in October
- Daegu Bank of RoK to open branch in HCM City
- Processing, manufacturing industry sees trade surplus for first time
- Viet Nam’s economy is expected to maintain good growth in 2020
- Trade surplus hits record high of US$9.94 billion
- Basis to believe in Vietnamese economic growth
RoK records positive growth in trade in March have 333 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 1, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.