If nothing else, this year’s Peabody Awards are bringing attention to dicks, both literal and figurative. Among the 60 nominees announced today are Netflix’s penis-obsessed American Vandal and Vice News Tonight’s “Charlottesville: Race & Terror,” which deals with other types of dicks. The 77th annual awards honor the best storytelling in “electronic media,” which includes everything from TV shows to podcasts to web videos to documentaries and more, all of which are separated into categories (children’s & youth programming, documentary, entertainment, news, public service, and radio/podcast). Sadly, that means American Vandal won’t go head-to-head with Vice News Tonight, but we had a good time with that, didn’t we? Advertisement Highlights and surprises on the entertainment side include Halt And Catch Fire, Legion, One Day At A Time, The Handmaid’s Tale, Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Place, and Insecure. In docs, Last Men In Aleppo and City Of Ghosts are notable inclusions, and of course there’s Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine too. On the podcast front, S-Town and Ear Hustle scored nominations, presumably because The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project didn’t fit the eligibility window. A full list of nominees is below. Awards begin April 17, when documentary winners are announced. Entertainment… Read full this story
- Town centre closures
- 'You made the world a more beautiful place.' Fans are stunned by Kate Spade's death
- Top W.H. adviser says there is a ‘special place in hell’ for people who engage in ‘bad-faith diplomacy’ with Trump
- Sorry, your New Jersey hometown may not be a town at all
- Mr. President steps away from being Nigeria’s greatest leader ever
- Last one on the bus
- Lynell George Sings Los Angeles
- 'This is a big, big, big step': Why one new field in Tega Cay could mean business.
- Miles Morland Foundation 2018 Creative Writing Workshop: Participants on Their Experience in Bulago, Uganda
- Florida Cops Tell Conflicting Stories After Fatally Shooting Unarmed Ex-Football Star in the Back
Legion, The Good Place, S-Town have 334 words, post on news.avclub.com at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.