Forests are being cleared against the law at Van Phong Bay, about 60 kilometers north of Nha Trang Deforestation has been going rife on islands within a bay in the south-central Vietnamese province of Khanh Hoa. Forests are being cleared against the law at Van Phong Bay in Van Thanh Commune, Van Ninh District, which is about 60 kilometers north of the famous beach city of Nha Trang. The situation has been discovered after local authorities announced the establishment of the Bac Van Phong special economic zone. According to the observations of Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reporters, tens of hectares of forests has been wiped out in Vinh Phuong Village, Van Thanh Commune. Several hectares of trees has also been chopped down on Ngang Islet and Tri Islet, as well as some other islands within the bay. Competent agencies have yet to calculate the exact area of forest to have been destroyed. Loggers were hired by someone and came in groups of 20 to 30 people, driving motorcycles and carrying along chainsaws, Le Thanh Nguyen, a resident in Vinh Phuong Village. They arrived in the designated area of forest, set up camps, and left after two to three days once the job… Read full this story
- कब आपके ईपीएफ पर लगता है टैक्स?
- Miami QB Jarren Williams should command transfer market respect after solid debut season
- ज्यादा टैक्स छूट उठाते हैं तो आपके लिए नई व्यवस्था फायदेमंद नहीं
- Siskel and Ebert Really Hated Some Iconic 80s Horror Movies
- தஞ்சை பெரியகோவில் அற்புத கட்டுமானம் - ஆச்சர்யமூட்டும் 80 டன் விமான ரகசியம்
- Burkina Faso farming town struggles to cope with fallout of violence
- Latest on the coronavirus and its spread
- California man arrested in decades-old killings of his 5 infants
- Beyoncé and beyond: the hottest sounds of summer 2016
- US journalist who exposed ecological destruction in Indonesia arrested
Deforestation leaves authorities powerless in Vietnamese bay have 279 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.