RCEP nations agree to conclude the deal this year (Source: EPA/VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Countries engaged in negotiations over the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) have a “strong political will” to conclude the talks by the end of 2018, Singaporean Minister of Trade Lim Hng Kiang said. The talks on the RCEP were launched in 2012 and are expected to create a free trade area with billions of consumers. The ten-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is participating in the negotiations along with Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand and the Republic of Korea. The RCEP and the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), which is expected to be signed on March 8 in Chile, offered “pathways” toward an eventual free trade agreement in the Asia-Pacific, said Lim. With the signing of the CPTPP, one of the pathways will become operational, Lim said, following a two-day meeting of ASEAN economic ministers. The RCEP participating countries are conscious that they should try and conclude the RCEP negotiations so that all the Asia-Pacific economies can participate, he commented. The RCEP is considered an extended trade agreement of the ASEAN nations and their partners, which together account for 50 percent… Read full this story
- Virdhawal Khade wins gold in 2018 Singapore National Championships
- NFL not expected to have new national anthem policy in 2018
- Nationals' Mike Rizzo admits 2018 season has been frustrating and disappointing
- Can BYU men’s volleyball return to national title match in 2018?
- Sandeep Sejwal claims Gold at Singapore Swimming Championships
- Report: Salah may quit Egypt national team
- Nationals’ outfield depth dealt another blow as Rafael Bautista suffers season-ending injury
- Indian Runners at Singapore Marathon 2018
- Report: Lt. Col. Alex Vindman Advised Ukrainian President Not to Get ‘Entangled’ in U.S. Domestic Politics
- England inspire a nation as Premier League stars shine
Singapore: Nations have political will to finalise RCEP in 2018 have 303 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 2, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.