|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc orders meticulous preparation for GMS, CLV summits|
Speaking at a meeting on March 7, the PM highlighted that the summits are among the three largest multilateral events to be held in Vietnam this year as they offer opportunities to State leaders to discuss measures to boost trade and investment and ensure security and sustainable use of the Mekong water resources.
Meticulous preparations for the events are significant to affirm Vietnam’s increasing role and prestige in the region, he said, emphasising media work to raise public awareness of the importance of cooperation in the GMS and the Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam Development Triangle.
The GMS cooperation was initiated in 1992, encompassing Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, and China’s provinces of Guangxi and Yunnan. Over the years, the cooperation has been expanded to cover various fields with the aim of making it easy for cooperation for development among the members.
Meanwhile, the CLV Development Triangle cooperation was set up in 1999 to spur the development of border provinces of the three neighbouring countries. The cooperation has been stepped up over the past years, thus promoting economic-trade ties and contributing to shifting economic structures and boosting connectivity among the three economies.
Following the success of the APEC Vietnam 2017, the hosting of the GMS-6 and the CLV-10 will continue affirming the country’s increasing position in the international arena as well as its more active contributions to the cooperation mechanisms in the region. –
- Senior North Korean official visiting US to prepare for landmark summit
- Trump to hold bilateral meetings with Singapore PM ahead of US-North Korea summit
- Trump plays down need for preparation for Kim summit
- Trump-Kim meet: US, North Korea officials in final preparations for unprecedented summit
- Irish PM will not prepare for hard border
- Xi accepts PM's invite for Wuhan-style summit in India next year
- Chinese President Xi Jinping accepts PM Modi's invitation for informal summit in India in 2019
- PM Holness Invited to Attend Key Summits Following His Historic Presentation at G7 Summit
- Interim PM orders collective planning for improvement of energy sector
- Iraqi PM orders ‘immediate’ execution of all ‘terrorists condemned to death’