The Museum of Free Derry has received a special gift from the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby. The gift – a framed title page from the first edition of the Book of Common Prayer to be translated into Irish more than 400 years ago – was hand-delivered to the museum by the Archdeacon of Derry, Robert Miller. The gift was presented to the Bogside exhibition space after a large delegation from the Church of England visited it last week – accompanied by none other than the Archbishop of Canterbury himself. According to the gift’s inscription, the original prayer book was translated by William Daniel, Archbishop of Tuam, and printed in Dublin in 1608. Another inscription reads: “Presented by The Most Reverend and Right Honourable Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury”. John Kelly, Education Officer with the Museum of Free Derry, who hosted the group during their visit, said: ‘It was a delight to welcome Archbishop Justin Welby and his colleagues to the museum. The entire group found the visit worthwhile and educational, and they were genuinely interested in the story of what really happened here. ‘We’d like to thank the Archbishop of Canterbury for his thoughtful gift. We were very touched.”
- Pandora Cyber Monday 2018 sale: get up to 83 per cent off and a free Sterling Silver bracelet gift
- Vagina museum granted an alcohol licence despite concerns it could attract "rowdy" stag parties
- Wolf quits post as head of Stanford’s Cantor Museum
- Just you wait: An unopened gift invites anticipation
- Happy holidays! ‘Fortnite’ now lets you buy your friends gifts
- Best handmade Christmas gifts for under £100 that the whole family will love
- Coinstar Exchange Kiosks Take Your Unused Gift Cards for Cash [Updated]
- Archbishop of Canterbury Declares God Gender Neutral
- Meghan Markle 'baptised by Archbishop of Canterbury in secret service at St James’s Palace with Prince Harry by her side'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Want a Religious Wedding, Archbishop of Canterbury Says
Free Derry Museum receives gift from Archbishop of Canterbury have 324 words, post on www.derryjournal.com at March 2, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.