As Facebook has one of its worst months in a long time, one of the most well-known figures in tech quietly denounced the service Friday. Elon Musk, the celebrity billionaire who owns SpaceX and Tesla, deleted the Facebook pages for both companies, only lightly acknowledging it on Twitter, Gizmodo reported.
Anyone who tries to go to the Facebook pages for SpaceX and Tesla will find that both are now dead. Those who want to find out about Musk’s attempts to put electric cars on Earth’s roads or launch them into space will have to do so via Twitter or elsewhere.
Musk has not confirmed if this is the case, and it seems unlikely he will with the way he operates. However, on Tuesday, WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton tweeted the hashtag #DeleteFacebook.
It is time. #deletefacebook
— Brian Acton (@brianacton) March 20, 2018
And if one were to look in the replies to that tweet, they would see a message that Musk sent Friday morning.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 23, 2018
It could be temporary, it could be permanent. Either way, it reflects a growing resentment towards Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s ubiquitous social network both in and out of the tech world in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal. Facebook reportedly shared users’ data without their consent with CA, a right-wing data-mining firm that assisted Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
Zuckerberg apologized and promised changes to Facebook’s data operation, but it clearly was not enough for Musk.
Elon Musk deleted the Facebook pages for Tesla and SpaceX. Billionaire entrepreneur and founder of SpaceX Elon Musk speaks at the 68th International Astronautical Congress 2017 in Adelaide on September 29, 2017. Photo: PETER PARKS/AFP/Getty Images
- Jeff Bezos gets another chance to beat Elon Musk’s SpaceX for SECOND Nasa moon lander in 2026
- Elon Musk was bullied and 'knocked unconscious' as SpaceX CEO faced 'tough upbringing'
- Joe Rogan’s seven most shocking moments from using N-word 22 times, Elon Musk smoking weed & anti-vax Covid row
- Elon Musk eats potato spiral in the weirdest way – and everyone is comparing his technique to Alien monster
- Elon Musk reveals genius reason why Russia may NEVER take down SpaceX Starlink internet
- Elon Musk buys nearly 10% of Twitter worth $2.9billion after blasting app over free speech
- How long it takes Elon Musk to make the average US annual salary revealed – and the results are mind-blowing
- ‘Terrible People’: Elon Musk Hammers The Media For ‘Untruthful’ Stories
- Microsoft accidentally promotes fake Amazon website pushing an Elon Musk bitcoin scam
- 'Grimes broke up with Elon because his cars are bad': Social media pokes fun at odd couple's split after three years together
- Edward Snowden blasts Facebook—"a surveillance company that exploits your data"
- Billionaires Bezos, Musk & Zuckerberg rode the coronavirus storm to get even richer
- Facebook paid GOP firm to malign TikTok
- Telegram Thrives Amid Russia's Media Crackdown
- Blue Origin Completes Fourth Successful Space Exploration Flight, But One Guest Was Noticeably Missing
- Pete Davidson pulls out of Blue Origin space flight as he can ‘no longer’ join after feud with Kim Kardashian’s ex Kanye
- Putin will deliver an energy shock worse than the 1970s, warns Andrew Bailey
- Pound jumps as inflation fears mount
- Ukraine-Russia: Putin troops RETREAT - Russia humiliated as army driven out of city
- Measuring Attention In Science And Technology
Elon Musk Deletes SpaceX, Tesla Facebook Pages Amid Cambridge Analytica Scandal have 621 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at March 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.