Solar panel systems on the roof of Heineken experience site In front of hundreds of people, Ta Duy Tung, supply chain director of Coca-Cola Vietnam, raised an empty Dasani-branded plastic water bottle produced by Coca-Cola, saying that it is only 12.15 grammes in weight. “Previously, its weight was 14.5 grammes. We have reduced its weight by 16.2%, meaning we have saved millions of dollars in material costs,” Tung said. “The reduction of plastic materials used for making these water bottles, which will be continued, is part of Coca-Cola’s efforts to go green in its production in Vietnam, and contributes to the country’s pursuit of green growth and a circular economy,” Tung said. Two weeks ago, hundreds of spectators who are representatives of enterprises and reporters, thronged the headquarters of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) to witness its Vietnam Business Council for Sustainable Development (VBCSD) and three foreign companies – Coca-Cola Vietnam, Dow Chemical Vietnam, and Unilever Vietnam – jointly ink a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for implementing the ‘Zero Waste to Nature’ initiative. This initiative is part of Vietnam’s programme on supporting enterprises to materiallise the country’s circular economy. The programme, the first of its kind in… Read full this story
- The Poverty Problem: Field Notes From a Global Summit in Rimini, Italy
- Global Trade Agreements Set to Impact U.S. Entrepreneurs
- Hybrid powerhouse: BMW ActiveHybrid 7 driven in Munich
- All The Gritty Details On Chevy’s New 755hp LT5 Powerhouse!
- Will Social Businesses Lead New Economy?
- The World's Favourite Indian is the new global identity for Bajaj Auto
- Global new car sales: the key trends and what they mean for the future
- Going cold on global warming?
- First Drive: Global Market 2012 Ford Ranger
- How To Build a 475 Horsepower LT4 Powerhouse Engine, Part 1
Global powerhouses to back circular economy have 300 words, post on english.vov.vn at February 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.