He said that since Vietnam took over the role of coordinator for ASEAN-India relations in 2015, bilateral political ties have unceasingly been strengthened through dialogue and cooperative mechanisms at all levels.
“Vietnam has made tremendous contributions to maintaining high-level dialogue mechanisms. Half of the ASEAN-India action plan for 2016-2020 has been implemented. At Vietnam’s proposal, the two sides have defined 26 priorities to effectively carry out plans of action. Vietnam has proposed a new form of cooperation called ‘green sea-based economy’, which aims to boost marine economic cooperation and protect the marine environment,” Dung said.
He stressed that Prime Minister Phuc’s visit has elevated Vietnam-India relations. Both sides agreed to double two-way trade to 15 billion USD by 2020. India consistently regards Vietnam as an important pillar in its Act East policy, Dung said.
- Russian deputy FM welcomes regularity of Pashinyan-Aliyev meetings
- New Ambassador of Tunisia presents copy of credentials to Armenian deputy FM
- Grigor Hovhannissian, Artak Apitonian appointed Armenia deputy FMs
- New Ambassador of Uruguay presents copy of credentials to Armenian deputy FM
- Brotherly glove does the job for James McGivern in Irish title bid
- We must avoid mistake of Libya: Italian deputy FM speaks out against Venezuela regime change
- Russia to work on keeping INF Treaty even if US withdraws from it – deputy FM
- Russian deputy FM to visit Armenia
- Armenian ambassador meets with deputy FM of Belarus
- Hamas leader Haniyeh to visit Moscow in 2019, Russian deputy FM says