BEAUTY pageants have helped boost the confidence of a five-year-old girl who is using her her looks to give back to a cleft lip charity which has supported her from birth. Ava Pattison, of Coundon, near Bishop Auckland, was born with a cleft lip and underwent an operation at just 12 weeks old. Despite ongoing treatment for the birth defect which could continue into later life, the youngster has not let her experience get in her way and has enjoyed a string of successes at beauty pageants across County Durham and Newcastle. Loading article content Now more confident than ever, Ava regularly takes part in the charity-orientated events and has in just two years raised £1,500 – almost £800 of which will go to her chosen cause, the Cleft Lip and Palate Association (CLAPA). Proud mother Emma Pattinson said the pageants have helped her daughter overcome shyness and has given her a new lease of life. “She’s been through so much I feel so proud of what she’s doing,” added the 28-year-old. “She was so shy before and this is bringing her out. “It’s really lifted her confidence up and she’s made a lot of friends. In the beginning I… Read full this story
- Miss Colombia Stirs Controversy, Saying Beauty Pageants Are Not for Transgenders
- Teen becomes first model with Down’s syndrome to win global beauty pageant
- The woman who swapped beauty pageants for wrestling
- The Tory beauty pageant has begun, but who do party rules favour to replace Theresa May?
- Single mum disqualified from beauty pageant when judges discovered her 'secret'
- Model with Down's syndrome wins international beauty pageant
- 'Miss Hitler' beauty pageant removed from Russia social network site
- Girl, 6, whose lip was bitten off by her own mum to 'stop her crying' dies
- Baby girl born with a TOOTH has it removed at just 12 days old
- Britain’s ageing crisis to deepen as half of girls born in 2066 could live to over 100, figures reveal
Beauty pageants have boosted confidence of enterprising girl, five, born with a cleft lip have 331 words, post on www.thenorthernecho.co.uk at January 28, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.