An image posted to Twitter of an unannounced Acer tablet seen at the Bett Show 2018 education convention is no longer online. The big deal is that the device relied on Chrome OS, not Android, and the removal of the image indicates that the product is indeed real, but Acer isn’t quite ready to make an official launch. We reached out to the company for comment. Based on the removed image, the mystery Chrome OS tablet spotted at the convention was a 7- or 8-inch class device based on its size measured against a hand holding it for the photo. At first glance, we thought it could simply be one part of a Chrome OS-based detachable, but the front camera’s position mounted on one of the shorter ends indicated a small, vertically held device instead. Although tablets are seemingly a dying breed, giving way to 2-in-1s, detachables, and crazy huge smartphones, they are not quite dead just yet. Even more, news of a Chrome OS tablet isn’t anything new; the elusive “Scarlet” keeps leaving trails of its existence all over the internet. Up until now, the manufacturer was unknown, but based on the image taken during the convention, Acer appears to… Read full this story
- 'Lenovo Yoga Book' Latest News & Update: Stunning Tablet-Laptop To Get Chrome OS In 2017, Find Out More Here!
- Chrome OS News & Update: Microsoft Office For Every Chromebook Now Accessible; Google Play Store Now Available!
- Chrome OS News & Update: ChromeBooks Sports New Material Design! Should We Expect For A Stable Release?
- Chrome OS Latest News & Update: ChromeBook Surprise! Wake On Voice, Google Assistant To Launch Soon?
- Chrome OS Latest News & Updates: Selected Chromebook Devices Now Support Microsoft Office Apps, But There's A Hardware Requirement
- MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 2016 Release Date, News & Update: Apple Remain Tight-Lipped; Set to Arrive In June? [Rumors]
- Creative Assembly is still oddly tight-lipped about a fully VR Alien Isolation
- Spider-Man’s Tom Holland stays tight-lipped on Jimmy Kimmel
- CD Projekt Red remains tight-lipped about Cyberpunk 2077 so it can focus on The Witcher 3
- Microsoft remains tight-lipped over October date for Natal
Acer is tight-lipped about its Chrome OS tablet pictured at Bett 2018 Show have 365 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at January 26, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.