A COMPANY from Dorset has finished a £1million contract to help build twin skyscrapers in Dubai. Poole-based SMD shipped more than 100,000sqmetres of steel decking to the United Arab Emirates for the job. Tiara United Towers is a development of two 46-storey towers reaching 193metres (633ft). The two towers will house 50,500sqm of office space and a five-star, 370-room hotel. SMD, which has a satellite office in Dubai, has been working on the project since 2016. The company’s international manager, Jane Biddle, said: “We celebrated the arrival of the 15th and last shipment of steel decking to Dubai in July 2017. “The first shipment arrived in October 2016 and during the ensuing period we shipped a total of 101,270sqm of our TR80+ 0.9mm floor decking.” She added: “The value of this project was £1.08m and was a significant step forward for SMD as we look to expand our overseas market.” SMD was contracted by a global organisation which constructed the structural steel frame on to which SMD’s decking was installed. Communication between SMD’s UK head office in Poole and the client was assisted by SMD Middle East’s UAE-based general manager. The Tiara United Towers is set to feature a ‘coloration’… Read full this story
- Wealthy fund manager, 62, is forced to quit firm where he worked for 36 years after 'secretly collecting shares for his own benefit in the same companies as his $300bn investment fund'
- Million-Dollar Mansions: Upper St. Clair 5BR With Pool For $1.1M
- Gaming Firm Fined $1M for Using Customers' PCs to Mine Bitcoins
- Quinn firm attacks 'are work of paid criminals'
- I'm Susan Kare, Graphic Designer, and This Is How I Work
- I'm Nicole Conniff, Design Manager at ScareHouse, and This Is How I Work
- Co-working space operators look at Vietnam as a hot new market
- I'm Ven Lai, Creative Designer at Chevrolet, and This Is How I Work
- I'm Warren Ellis, and This Is How I Work
- Dubai's little sister: Ajman is the latest Emirate luring holidaymakers in search of winter sun and instant glitz
46 floors, 633ft tall: Poole firm finishes £1m work on two Dubai skyscrapers have 342 words, post on www.bournemouthecho.co.uk at January 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.