The exhibition aims to introduce the traditional values of Hue weddings and preserve the city’s culture, while helping domestic and foreign tourists understand more about the beauty of the wedding customs in the ancient city. As the capital of the last feudal dynasty in Vietnam, weddings in Hue feature a unique ceremony that differs from those in other regions. Valuable documents, images, and items relating to traditional Hue weddings in the 1960s and 1970s will be on display, such as wedding invitations, marriage certificates, costumes of brides and grooms, old regulations for the ceremony, and a tray of betel and areca nuts, which were an offering from the groom to the bride’s family. The order of events at the ceremony in the old days is also introduced to visitors. There were six different ceremonies for a couple before they tied the knot, in which the two families meet, the groom’s family asks for a profile of the bride, a ceremony for a good future for the marriage is held by a fortune-teller, a date chosen for the wedding, and the groom’s family’s presents offerings to the bride’s family at the engagement ceremony and the wedding. These six ceremonies have today… Read full this story
- Nadal to play Kooyong exhibition ahead of Australian Open
- Polled deer hunters say, 'Keep traditional Monday deer opener'
- Kenny Perry takes Regions Tradition lead with opening 64
- White Sox fans optimistic about young team's future at home opener
- Champions exhibition to kick off U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills
- King Tut is back! Tickets sell fast for Tutankhamun show opening tomorrow as Saatchi Gallery is criticised over prices for last chance ever to see riches from Pharoah's tomb in London
- Hue Jackson shares what Mayfield must do to earn starting job
- Andy Murray makes tepid return as he loses exhibition match
- Rusty Nadal struggles in loss to Gasquet in exhibition match
- September 11 Memorial & Museum to open special sports exhibit
Exhibition on traditional Hue weddings opens have 333 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at December 8, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.