WASHINGTON — They are attack dogs and upper-crust white shoes. None of them shrink from a fight. And their ranks are growing by the day.Since Robert Mueller was named special counsel to head the Justice Department’s widening Russia investigation, President Trump and his administration began a hiring blitz of personal lawyers to shield them from possible exposure – as witnesses or subjects. As the probe continues into links between Trump’s campaign and Russians who sought to influence the election by hacking Democrats, the president himself has assembled at least four outside attorneys, led by his longtime counsel Marc Kasowitz, who has represented Trump for 15 years on a range of private business matters.Known as Trump’s go-to guy, Kasowitz’s unstinting defense of the real estate mogul-turned-president perhaps best reflects Trump’s own combative style. Like Trump, Kasowitz’s official biography attached to the New York firm bearing his name is chock-full of superlatives, acclaiming him as “the toughest lawyer on Wall Street” and an “uber-litigator.” Kasowitz’s team has recently expanded to include the vocal advocate for the religious right, Jay Sekulow, and John Dowd, a legal brawler who once led Major League Baseball’s investigation that ultimately banned all-time hit king Pete Rose from the game. ”I don’t… Read full this story
- Robert Mueller probes Donald Trump's money links with Russia
- MI6 spy behind Donald Trump ‘dirty dossier’ should be criminally investigated, US politicians demand
- Donald Trump’s top Russian lawyer John Dowd resigns
- This is what Donald Trump has actually done in his first year as President
- Trump 'tried to fire lawyer carrying out Russia probe'
- Donald Trump 'wanted to fire Robert Mueller but backed off'
- US lawyers vow to release secret memos that 'undermine Donald Trump's Russia defence'
- Russia 'laughing their asses off' at US, Donald Trump says
- Donald Trump says FBI memo 'totally vindicates me'
- Donald Trump blames US stock market turmoil on 'good news’
Donald Trump and his team hired an army of lawyers for Russia investigation. Who made the list? have 325 words, post on www.usatoday.com at June 28, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.