Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of NationalDefence and the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army (VPA) support institutes, universities and researchunits of the Vietnamese and Indian armies to strengthen cooperation and shareexperience, a senior officer has said.
Senior Lieutenant General Pham Ngoc Minh, Deputy Chief of the General Staff ofthe VPA, made the affirmation at a reception in Hanoi on May 29 for MajorGeneral Anil Dere, who is leading adelegation from the Indian National Defence University toVietnam.
Cooperation in personnel training is one of the ways to promote comprehensivecooperative ties between the two nations, Minh said.
He expressed his hope that the visit would help Indian officers better understandabout Vietnam and its foreign and defence policies, hence increasing mutualunderstanding and trust between the people and armies of Vietnam and India.-VNA
- Vietnam wants to step up cooperation with Gazprom: Party official
- Vietnam steps up defence cooperation with Laos, Cambodia
- First Freight Train From India to Russia to Cross Azerbaijan in August
- Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia friendship strengthened via training cooperation
- Vietnam steps up anti-drug cooperation with Laos Cambodia
- Vietnam, Myanmar to spur comprehensive cooperative partnership
- PM Phuc: Vietnam, Australia to sign educational cooperation agreement
- Rouhani Wants Tehran, Ankara to Cooperate With Damascus to Tackle Terrorists in Idlib
- Far Cry 3 Just Wants Us To Fookin' Cooperate
- Rajnath Singh visits US naval air station, reflects on strong defence ties