According to data provided by the General Statistics Office, the number of international arrivals dropped significantly by 9% tallying in at 972,000 for May, the first month this year the numbers fell below one million.
There were 1.2 million more inbound travellers this year through May versus the same period in 2016 for a cumulative total of 5.2 million, according to the GSO, substantially all of which is attributable to a surge in the number of Chinese visitors.
- Hong Kong Casino Stocks Fall Despite Positive Macau Visitors Figure
- RoK waives visa application fee for Vietnamese visitors
- PM Hun Sen’s visit to further drive Vietnam-Cambodia relations forward
- Vietnam to become member of The Hague pact on industrial designs
- Lao PM concludes official visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam demands China to immediately stop sovereignty violations
- Lao press highlights PM Thongloun Sisoulith’s visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam, UK sign MoU on educational cooperation
- South China Sea outrage: Furious Vietnam heighten Beijing tensions in new move with India
- Spain wants new breakthroughs in relations with Vietnam: official